Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Serious critique requires

Photographer

Benjamin4784

New York, New York, US

www.sunkyong-kim.com
@skkp5

The website is currently changing by adding more images and information.

I need some suggestions and critique about my website so I can fix and change!

Feb 12 19 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Art by LJ

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You have some very nice portraits, as well as a few that are not as nice (mostly due to the model, not as much your photography):

https://www.sunkyong-kim.com/work/as8h0 … ho9ni7gsy6
(her facial expression is not good)

https://www.sunkyong-kim.com/work/0vfq7 … pc6tptgd55
https://www.sunkyong-kim.com/work/djqrd … nzohv6mp77

Other than that the portrait section has some very good work.

Do you sell prints of fireworks? I'm just not understanding what those and the hallucinations are doing on the same site as portraits. Do you earn money from photography? I would imagine that would be through portraits. If so, I would show just those on this site, and put everything else on another site.

Service/About are missing.

Mar 05 19 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Hi,

You want to change the avatar asap. You never want hands near face in a portrait. As yourself what the goal is of the image before taking the shot, So many do it and so many are just wrong. Same with those putting hands up near face in even full body shorts. Hands distract and a portraits goal is to show the face and noone has a portrait with hands that is effective. If you want to showcase body language you do it in half body to full body shots. never in a portrait.

Gal with hat has some non matching colors and harsh lighting partly due to the jacket but that's the photographers gig. Watch for the wrinkles, the wrinkled overlapped outfit (don't want overlaps) is very wrinkled with huge folds. Light is bouncing off car distracting as is light against bumper. Just a real bad shot site. Hair pose is fine. The pole growing from models head distracts too.

Woman in black is wearing an outfit that is so loose and huge folds to wrinkles. Bad hair pose and expression. Too much headroom and models hands and feet are poorly posed. You never want the backs of the hands to camera and all those fingers. They look blurry yet the feet and face are in focus so doesn't appear to be a focus point and AF issue.
Not sure if shooting model or building with so much headroom. Got to figure model. Make the crop to model when models are the subject matter. Always ask what the theme and goals are of the image.

B & W portrait looks ok except the blown out eyes and uneven lighting with hot forehead, Shadows can add character but not the hot spots and blown out eyes so bring the light source further away.

The portrait has too much of the over pass, cropping needs to be tighter. The AF is so low the background is blown out too much looking very unnatural.

Hat shot is nice. Hands are there, rings are there but it works as part of the theme and the model has nice energy with fingers. Both hands are posed nicely but that shadow in her hand needs to go. Nice tones, and outfit to pose all working.Belly button huge plus being a major feature. Nice setting too!

Model on street in black i s wearing a bra and no pro ever would shoot one or let a model ruin the shot so be sure to educate models on why and definitely worse is to see it too. Rings kind of work here too for not so much a glamour shot but slight gothic. Models left arm is too lost and hare dark shadow. Too much plastic look on face with photoshop. Never have that plastic look. Models need to look real. AF settings look nice here and the lighting works nicely.

Hand next to face is real bad as is the distracting arm taking up half the image.
for a port image. bras, undergarments, wrinkles, over photoshopping, multi layers, fingers, bent wrists,knees are our enemy. Shoot for features and natural curves. Contrast is awesome. AF working nicely here too but can't have the arm and hand in there.

The white background red head is very nice. You generally don't want multi layers if the top wasn't looking like part of the outfit from brand. Rarely want legs crossed or this pose but model and you pulling it off. Model hair standing up no biggie unless agency pic.

next image too much headroom and fingers make it un-useable for professional ports. A must not do and the finger distracts further.

Most are all simple fixes. Nothing that couldn't be easy fixes for the next shoot!

have fun!

May 29 19 09:16 pm Link