Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique me.

Model

Shaquille Rankin

Los Angeles, California, US

Please tell me what you think of me. Yeah no i don't care what say just be honest and not rude. I'm looking to improve myself and hopefully get some useful advice.

Mar 24 19 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

DaimenR22 wrote:
Please tell me what you think of me. Yeah no i don't care what say just be honest and not rude. I'm looking to improve myself and hopefully get some useful advice.

Whittle down that profile text. It rambles (for example, we don't need to know you moved from NY to CA at the age of one).

You've got a good look, but dump the portfolio images of you behind foliage. You need to show yourself off, not the leaves. And be careful about using images of you in heavily mottled light, or where parts of you are brightly lighted but your face (or half of it) are in shadow. Also be careful about improper framing/cropping in the images you use. For instance, images in which feet or hands are chopped off, or legs cropped at the knee  or below. The image errors aren't your fault, but it's your responsibility to know what hurts or helps make an image useful.

Mar 24 19 02:09 pm Link

Model

Shaquille Rankin

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Whittle down that profile text. It rambles (for example, we don't need to know you moved from NY to CA at the age of one).

You've got a good look, but dump the portfolio images of you behind foliage. You need to show yourself off, not the leaves. And be careful about using images of you in heavily mottled light, or where parts of you are brightly lighted but your face (or half of it) is in shadow. Also be careful about improper framing/cropping in the images you use. For instance, images in which feet or hands are chopped off, or legs cropped at the knee  or below. The image errors aren't your fault, but it's your responsibility to know what hurts or helps make an image useful.

Understood thank you.

Mar 25 19 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Art by LJ

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You have a good start with the first 4 photos in your port.

The rest are more amateur.

Keep working with photographers who can get your results better than the first 4 images in your port, then dump the 2nd and 3rd rows.You'll present yourself better.

Also, conventional wisdom is 1 photo in your port per 'look'. So go for a variety of outfits/looks when you shoot.

Apr 14 19 02:17 am Link

Model

Miss Melissa1

Antioch, California, US

Your top row of photos are off to a great start.... I would get rid of the rest and do some more shooting!

Apr 15 19 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

This latest round of images is even more injurious to your portfolio than most of the prior images. Your profile still rambles. It doesn't appear as if you've taken any of our feedback seriously.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/190418/04/5cb85ab097461_m.jpg
What do you hope to gain by adding images such as this?

Your avatar image and two or three others from that set are a good start, but you're regressing. At this point, you should pay a competent professional to get you some usable portfolio material.

Apr 22 19 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Photo Art by LJ

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Orca Bay speaks the truth.

Remember that quantity is not better than quality. For one's port, quite the opposite.

Apr 22 19 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You have a Good Look and Height ( though I question if you really weigh 136 lbs )

you just need to keep working with better and better photographers

May 01 19 02:18 am Link

Model

Shaquille Rankin

May 04 19 04:04 pm Link

Model

Shaquille Rankin

Orca Bay Images wrote:
This latest round of images is even more injurious to your portfolio than most of the prior images. Your profile still rambles. It doesn't appear as if you've taken any of our feedback seriously.

What do you hope to gain by adding images such as this?

Your avatar image and two or three others from that set are a good start, but you're regressing. At this point, you should pay a competent professional to get you some usable portfolio material.

You know you're not being very helpful and this website is not my focus, and fyi i've already been approached by an agency with those new photos. Plus not only do i wish to be a model but a photographer and this was my fist attempt at shooting myself thank you. smile

May 04 19 04:11 pm Link

Model

Shaquille Rankin

Garry k wrote:
You have a Good Look and Height ( though I question if you really weigh 136 lbs )

you just need to keep working with better and better photographers

Yes thank you for your helpful advice.

May 04 19 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

DaimenR22 wrote:
fyi i've already been approached by an agency with those new photos.

With these?

May 10 19 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

To much hands and arms. Don't cross your body with hand and arms and keep the hands down not near the shoulders and face.  watch for the wrinkles on the outfits. You need energy in your pose and expressions. Too many non energetic expressions but clean model look. Find someone experienced on posing and work on confidence in your images.

have fun!

May 29 19 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

To much hands and arms. Don't cross your body with hand and arms and keep the hands down not near the shoulders and face.  watch for the wrinkles on the outfits. You need energy in your pose and expressions. Too many non energetic expressions but clean model look. Find experienced on posing and even basic knowledge so your posing won't be so far off.

No bent wrists, no knees, no hands on shoulders and not sure what all those dark shots are but you don't want those either.
If you can be energetic most of your issues are shooting issues so easy to be fixed if you find someone with basic skills of posing. Don't care much for the outfits. You want agency looking outfits versus the shorts in images

have fun!

May 29 19 08:40 pm Link