Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > What am I missing?

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi everyone,

What do you think my portfolio is missing?  Feedback welcomed.

Thank you in advance smile

Jul 22 19 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Good photography and direction is missing. You're very pretty with great eye, nice fitness. A few basics. No experienced modell would ever wear undergarments and no one above beginner photographer would shoot one and not let you know.

Now your first image shows your look is awesome and then between you and the photographer a total lack of basic photography communication by photographer. What is the purpose of this image? Only beginners and those without common sense shoot hands tight to the face for a portrait. You never know if a potential client is going to look at multiple images and images not profiles spell experience. hands next to face in portrait is so not what you want. Portraits are used to show facial features. So the super simple common sense question is. On a tight portrait what is the fingers and hands next to face doing? It shows lack of experience of both parties. Hides half a face and features to blocking features of your neck critical to success, Hand isn't showing body language, you would do at least a half body shot and just the lack of photographer common sense or using those images isn't going to make a client feel there is experience. IF you want to showcase body language it is best in full body shots.

Another huge problem is your not posing your hair in the images and it's not posed properly. hair has to be posed in every image.

those are good starts fixed easy by finding a photographer who knows the basics of model photographer. The photographer has to be your eyes, A model can help, but photographer is your eyes.

For your port. Ask, what is this image saying i can do? What are my features? Distractions? Wrinkles? Shoulders up(don't want that either).  So each image in port,what is it saying i can do? Have a nice mix only for areas of your interest.
You have the tough part, great looks and figure so good start.

Jul 23 19 08:15 am Link