M A I T L A N D

Chicago, Illinois, US

Post hidden on Oct 21, 2019 09:38 am
Reason: outing

Oct 20 19 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Its not a good idea to invest too much money in setting up the first shoot with a model that you do not know - unless that model comes from a reputable agency

Oct 20 19 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

I think you can't out someone on MM. Also I think you gave a deposit to the studio before hand. In the past I call the studio and they put my name down along with the my number and time. I never advance any monies. I never would because of the risk involved of losing out.  I was lucky that they always showed up but I also got their phone number and made sure the day before we made contact and on the day of the shoot.

Oct 20 19 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

You have been a member for 6 years and you have used your first and only post to break the rules.

Oct 20 19 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

You've been on MM for years and this is the first time you've either been stood-up or saw a posting about model no-shows ?

First, if she didn't confirm two days before you should have cancelled the studio.  Second, and I know this is late but..welcome to the wild world of online modeling.

P.S. the other posters are right. You can get your account suspended by outing a model (or a model can get suspended for outing a photographer). You should just tell people to message you and then you can give out her name.

Oct 20 19 06:38 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Chain Reaction

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

(Rubs eyes. It's been a while...)

Yeah, psoriasis on a model can be a pain in the you-know-what. Just flakes all over the place...

Oct 21 19 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

HiResPhotographs

Corona, California, US

Angel House Portraits wrote:
I think you can't out someone on MM.

A friend tells me they do all the time in the models only forum.  They even put down the photographer's MM number.

Dec 03 19 09:47 am Link

Photographer

goofus

Santa Barbara, California, US

A_SoCal_Photographer wrote:
A friend tells me they do all the time in the models only forum.  They even put down the photographer's MM number.

oh.. that models only place must be a hotbed of intrigue

Dec 03 19 11:33 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

It's also not a good idea to out the model through your profile. The vast majority of people looking for her won't do so through your profile. People looking her up by search won't ever realize she allegedly flaked on you. They'll just see her profile and her portfolio. What people will see when they look you up, however, is your vengefulness. They will also be left to wonder how you may have contributed to that flakeout.

In trying to make her look bad, you're just making yourself look bad.

Dec 10 19 08:34 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
It's also not a good idea to out the model through your profile. The vast majority of people looking for her won't do so through your profile. People looking her up by search won't ever realize she allegedly flaked on you. They'll just see her profile and her portfolio. What people will see, however, is your vengefulness. They will also be left to wonder how you may have contributed to that flakeout.

In trying to make her look bad, you're just making yourself look bad.

Yeaup.   A couple of lines of warnings, right at the top of the bio, so it must be extremely important; in all capitals, with exclamation points and everything.  OMG!  It must have been a horrible experience.  Just horrible.   And the link makes it real easy to look over her profile and to look at her port.  Hers: A succinct profile.  Clean portfolio.  No harsh words. A nice looking woman.  Different look.  Her verifieds aren't current (but neither are mine), and the OP says he won't work with people without verifieds, so he has either learned his lesson or didn't heed his Will Robinson moment.  Now all these forum readers are going to be looking at both the OP's profile and hers.  As well as any other member that might want to work with the OP.  The OP has provided someone to provide a reference that might not be favorable.  The model might recount any nasty language the OP used.  She could explain the reasons why the OP is the reason she flaked.  Good job shooting yourself in the foot, OP.  Which of the two of you do you think will come out looking bad?  The only reason other photographers will care what the OP thinks is to get a reference for a model.   So the OP hurts this one model, maybe.  While the OP has set himself up to take retribution against one person, everyone that is considering working with the OP is observing his behavior and he gave them the ability to get the other side of the story.

Dec 10 19 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

You haven't made it clear what your vetting and anti-flake protocols are. But if you haven't worked with a particular model before, cover your bets.

Don't invest money in a studio rental unless you've got better assurance of having a model to shoot. You could consider shooting more than one model in that session. If they both show up, one can shoot while the other is getting ready for the next look. Or you could pose them together.

Dec 10 19 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

OP is still vengefully outing the model in his own profile. Most experienced photographers just move past the anger and get on to the next shoot.

Dec 12 19 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
OP is still vengefully outing the model in his own profile. Most experienced photographers just move past the anger and get on to the next shoot.

There are always anger management classes.

Dec 13 19 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

I'll venture to guess most models (experienced or not) will just move past the OP after seeing his rant dominating his profile.

Edit: Plus, his rant violates MM's rules for outing on a profile page.

Dec 13 19 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I wish I could find that Model Flakes Meme.

Dec 15 19 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Angel House Portraits wrote:
There are always anger management classes.

I thought this WAS an anger-management class!

MM forums: where the test IS the lesson.

Dec 17 19 09:33 pm Link