Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Clean my port

Photographer

DTP - Photography

Chesapeake, Virginia, US

I've been on MM for a few years and have improved my editing skills over the last year. I've have replaced some photos with new versions of the old and others I've just removed. What should I get rid of? What should I keep? It's tough to let some with high views and lists go but I know I have a few clunkers in there that's not my best work. What do you do in this situation?

Oct 21 19 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

I'd start by deleting all that have an obscenely large water mark across them.  Don't worry about high views.  A lot of that can be "What the hell is that? clicks."  Maybe they didn't like what they saw.  If they've been listed a lot (for positive reasons), then there might be good logic to keep those.  If you have several similar pics, think about thinning them out.  BTW, you  probably mean "retouching skills"; not "editing skills".  "Editing" is what you are trying to do now by removing pics.

Oct 22 19 12:41 am Link

Photographer

DTP - Photography

Chesapeake, Virginia, US

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
I'd start by deleting all that have an obscenely large water mark across them.  Don't worry about high views.  A lot of that can be "What the hell is that? clicks."  Maybe they didn't like what they saw.  If they've been listed a lot (for positive reasons), then there might be good logic to keep those.  If you have several similar pics, think about thinning them out.  BTW, you  probably mean "retouching skills"; not "editing skills".  "Editing" is what you are trying to do now by removing pics.

Thanks I mean editing. I'm getting there. Did some cleaning, will do some more will replace some with better retouched photos.

Oct 24 19 08:01 pm Link