Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > I am also seriously thinking of quits. Critique?

Model

lillianc94541

San Francisco, California, US

Check my Instagram to see me with and without makeup,

www.instagram.com/lilliancontessa

Dec 16 19 11:23 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You need to do this: https://www.instagram.com/glimmerwood/

I'd ditch the glasses, unless you are creating an iconic character.

Dec 19 19 09:11 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Use more props and outfits

And this https://instagram.com/fairydarya?igshid=d5e4i8lficz

Dec 20 19 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

This is going to sound harsh, but you need a dose of reality.

Quitting? You haven't started yet. You've had one shoot and I'd hesitate to call it a modeling session. Sitting or standing in front of a camera and smiling is not modeling. Work with 20-30 different photographers -- pay some pros if you must and let them direct you -- and test a variety of looks, poses, moods and concepts. Push yourself and explore your limits. Throw yourself at least one curveball -- something you haven't done before -- with every shoot. THEN decide if this is something you want to pursue.

At this point, what you're doing is the equivalent of me sitting in the pilot's seat of a parked aircraft, yanking the yoke and pushing on the rudder pedals, and wondering if I should quit piloting. You haven't even scratched the surface yet. Give it a serious try before you ask about quitting or, much less, finding an agent.

Dec 20 19 08:45 pm Link

Retoucher

sssdsddsdsdsdsds

Vienna, Wien, Austria

Orca Bay Images wrote:
This is going to sound harsh, but you need a dose of reality.

Quitting? You haven't started yet. You've had one shoot and I'd hesitate to call it a modeling session. Sitting or standing in front of a camera and smiling is not modeling. Work with 20-30 different photographers -- pay some pros if you must and let them direct you -- and test a variety of looks, poses, moods and concepts. Push yourself and explore your limits. Throw yourself at least one curveball -- something you haven't done before -- with every shoot. THEN decide if this is something you want to pursue.

At this point, what you're doing is the equivalent of me sitting in the pilot's seat of a parked aircraft, yanking the yoke and pushing on the rudder pedals, and wondering if I should quit piloting. You haven't even scratched the surface yet. Give it a serious try before you ask about quitting or, much less, finding an agent.

smile Best answer

Feb 16 20 02:32 am Link