Forums > Critique > Critique my portfolio

Model

Mishelle portfolio

Miami, Florida, US

Hi, just posted new pictures. Critique my portfolio. Which are my best pictures, etc. What do I need to add?

Jan 17 20 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Phayes photography

Farmington, New Mexico, US

You might experiment with some implied shoots. You have a great look for it w/o having to shoot nudes.

Jan 17 20 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

TeddyJosephFoto

Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan

Nice portfolio!
The ones that really stood out to me as the best were:
With the chair (compliments to the photographer there)
Pink background
With the flower
Portrait with the froofy dress (I think you nailed the pose and look there and shows some more emotional range)
Hair across the neck

With the wedding dress shot, It's a lovely location and all but it's too bad it's not in sharp focus, not your fault. If you had a photo of the same that was taken closer in with the same framing that would be better. If you just crop it now it would just get even more blurry of course hmm But just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The dark yoga pants with black background might be better done with different lighting or a different color combo for a better contrast in my opinion. If you're set on all black for some reason maybe a more shiny reflective material for pants would be better. Otherwise at first glance (which is how some ads are perceived) your figure can bleed into the background and seem larger unnecessarily.

What would be a nice addition?
Maybe experiment with a broader range of emotions, like a mischievous smile, anger, or sarcasm.
Could add maybe something with a natural vibrant jungle background maybe doing some yoga like poses would be good for your look. Or some shot of fine dining with some good ambience and you in a smart professional classy looking dress (red or black preferred) sipping on some wine, that would add variety. A boudoir shoot would be a nice add in as well. Great shots all in all! I'm still building my portfolio as well lol

Feb 14 20 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

you're right. the pic in your avatar is the best
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1 … #/40244698

May 23 20 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/190630/17/5d1953ce2f3d0_m.jpg
I like this one, so soft and gentle, great capture of you.

I wish you well!

Jun 26 20 04:47 pm Link