Forums > Critique > opinions? I turned 50 & want to start posing

Model

garverpm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I turned 50 and  all of a sudden I want to start posing. Atlanta, GA area is best.

Jan 30 20 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

I want a Ferrari, Red.

Jan 31 20 07:41 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Get yourself a book that shows photos of old roman and greek art and practice the poses. Go stand in front of a mirror and hit the pose and hold it for 20 minutes.  Take a 10 minute break and do it again.  Too test if you can hold the pose, set up a camera on an interval timer and let it shoot every few minutes.  Compare the images and see how well you held the position.  If you can see changes in your position, the artists certainly will and they will be complaining.

If you are successful at holding a pose, go to college art instructors or workshops or sketch clubs and see if they will hire you. Expect them to test you.  It doesn't pay much if you get hired.  Be prepared for that.  Once you have posed a few times or a few dozen times, you will have started to learn your body and you might make a decent photo model after a while.

*Per a private conversation, I recognize my post was too harsh so I am redacting the more negative portions.  I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

Feb 04 20 03:16 pm Link

Artist/Painter

aquarelle

Chicago, Illinois, US

You should do very well in the “dick and balls poking out of pants” genre.

Feb 06 20 03:44 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
I want a Ferrari, Red.

Lmao.
Me too.
Seriously.

Feb 06 20 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Cricket J Photography

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Feb 07 20 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

NYC fine art nudes

New York, New York, US

Patrick,

Life's too short -go for it ...why not ?

Disregard the negative critiques. I can only guess that the "Artist" who's been on here for 9 years and has all of 4 images -and is stating that you should "work out" is projecting their own lack of physical prowess/desirability.

Different Photographers/Artists/Painters/Illustrators etc need different models of different height, sex, weight, age etc
There is no "one size fits all" model that you "have" to be.

Feb 08 20 03:41 am Link

Photographer

LVPhotography

Old Orchard, Pennsylvania, US

Life is short..Follow your dreams. You never know unless you try. I wish you the best,

Feb 08 20 03:52 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

redacted

Feb 09 20 01:12 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Per a private conversation, I recognize my previous posts were too harsh so I am redacting the more negative portions.  I lacked reasonable civility.  I apologize to the OP if I hurt the OPs feelings.   Members are always welcome to hold me to a higher standard.

Feb 10 20 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
Per a private conversation, I recognize my previous posts were too harsh so I am redacting the more negative portions.  I lacked reasonable civility.  I apologize to the OP if I hurt the OPs feelings.   Members are always welcome to hold me to a higher standard.

High posting standards on MM is an oxymoron.   I never got the impression you were an as#.   The OP should give modeling a go.   Why not?   Life is short.   Do what interests you and screw what people think or say.

Feb 10 20 02:29 pm Link