Forums > Model Colloquy > What would be the point of contacting a model

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Who as not checked and updated her profile  and port since the last 2 or 3 months up to 5 years or more?
I know in search you have an option regarding this issue but what the point?

Feb 06 20 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
Who as not checked and updated her profile  and port since the last 2 or 3 months up to 5 years or more?

Same as playing the lottery

Feb 06 20 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:

Same as playing the lottery

It has worked for me a few times I think

Feb 06 20 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:

It has worked for me a few times I think

Lottery? Lucky you!!

Feb 06 20 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

Lottery? Lucky you!!

No not the Lottery
I have never played/won lottery
Have gotten lucky on some seeming dead accts on MM

Feb 06 20 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

TEB-Art Photo

Carrboro, North Carolina, US

Sometimes models are pregnant or otherwise preoccupied with life. An inactive profile is certainly not auspicious, but neither is it guaranteed to be a black hole.

Feb 06 20 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures of Life

Spokane, Washington, US

It's a risk free effort, that might get a result.  If you spend 30 minutes typing a detailed note and get no response, you will resent the process/audience.  If you send 'I'm interested in shooting with you, are you available?', knowing you will get less than 5% response, you'll be happy with the 1% who do respond.  Models come and go, some return after years, some check their messages from mobile devices so MM shows messages Unread.  Some models have more than 1 profile and may be active when the profile you see says they are inactive.  No Ask, No Get.

Feb 06 20 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Coolsteel27 Photography

Linthicum, Maryland, US

Funny I just had a model I originally contacted in 2018   respond to me yesterday . Messages don't take that long to type so it never hurts to try..

Feb 07 20 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

HOt Photography LA

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 07 20 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

MM has an option to receive messages via email. Not everyone logs in to read their messages. Thus, the date of last activity is not a proper indication of the model's activity.

I often include other means of contacting me when I message a model. If the model prefers email, we communicate via email. Text? IG? Whatever means is easier for them.

Feb 08 20 03:49 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Would you drive to a store when it is already past their closing time. If you have information that says there could be a problem, why would you try? If you see the model has not logged on in months, that is what it means. The chance of getting any responce is slim. If you don't have anything else productive to do, give it a shot, but don't be surprised at silence.

Feb 08 20 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

My point is why MM does  keep on bragging well over a million members when the actual number is at best a quarter.
If a model drop out for ten years, she/he can start a new MM site with recent pictures and age.....

Feb 08 20 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
My point is why MM does  keep on bragging well over a million members when the actual number is at best a quarter.

I don't know.

Feb 08 20 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
If a model drop out for ten years, she/he can start a new MM site with recent pictures and age.....

...Really you dont get it ?
When is marketing ever truthful ?
What was the old slogan "Where professionals come to blah blah" (MM pros have been outnumbered 100 to 1 since forever)
This is like being shocked the used car salesman sold you a Klunker
On the Real Estate slimball who sold you "prime" land that turns out to be a swamp.

Feb 08 20 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Sal W Hanna

Huntington Beach, California, US

There are times people take a break from this site. Over the years this site has gone down in quality and many have found other options. I myself don't check in unless I have a message waiting.

Feb 08 20 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

GSmithPhoto

Alameda, California, US

Post in the model forum, get 15 responses, and not one single response from the target audience.
Imagine that.

Feb 12 20 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Gamecock Photography

Sumter, South Carolina, US

I remember back in the heydays when MM was jumping. Models would answer your emails and the forums were like the shootout at the ok corral. Friday evening when I got off work I'd come home shower, eat and catch up on emails and the many side splitting threads in the forums.  Sometimes I'd literally be laughing so hard I'd have tears running down my face and couldn't hardly breathe, lmao. Damn I miss those days.

Feb 12 20 05:29 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Would it be to challenging to delete models/photographers who have not been active in a year?

Feb 12 20 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
Would it be to challenging to delete models/photographers who have not been active in a year?

I dont see the point
With the site going down at the bow how is getting rid of profiles going to to help ?
Sometimes people are inactive and they come back.
Im sure that many if they had to re doo their profile wouldn't bother with all the trouble.
Its not going to happen anyway since MM wants the biggest num of profiles to sell advertisers

Limit searches to 3 months or whatever and you never have to deal with the issue. 
One of the best models I ever found here responded to a year old message and we went on to great shoots for several years.

Feb 13 20 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

GSmithPhoto wrote:
Post in the model forum, get 15 responses, and not one single response from the target audience.
Imagine that.

Not posted in right forum from get go

Feb 13 20 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

some of them respond via direct email communication. your message usually triggers (when set up properly) their email box -- no visiting their MM page for them required. and some of them don't read those direct emails either.

anyhow, just numbers game.  shooting models and shooting messages with no high expectations, frustration-free, is the key I think.

May 23 20 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

I think MM became the mostly marketing tool for traveling models. They are the most active, and it's their bread and butter.
Otherwise, MM with its slow interface and vintage model of business would never survive. Looks like MM shortcomings are by design.

Maybe it makes sense to invest time and efforts to enter models.com, at least in the future?
If one is not good enough, one could potentially do one's best to improve, or, at least it's where all efforts and time should go to.
This is the target, not something else, IMHO.

May 23 20 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

MM is just one tool and has its purpose. Years ago I friended a model on here and her portfolio hasn't been active here for years but three years ago I went to a workshop and she was one of the models. Seems she is one of the top lingerie models in the world now working for manufacturers  in Asia and Europe . She also has 3.4 Million followers on Instagram .

Many models have moved on to other social media platforms that work better for them. The big problem with Instagram IMO is that unless the model post their location you have no idea where they are located, not a problem if you have a no limit budget but if you don't it is a problem. Then again she may not want to work for just $100 an hour even if she was your next door neighbor.

So what do you do? Find a model you like on MM and then use a search engine ti see what other platforms they are on and contact them. Maybe you get a reply, maybe you don't.

May 24 20 08:39 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

LnN Studio wrote:
MM is just one tool and has its purpose. Years ago I friended a model on here and her portfolio hasn't been active here for years but three years ago I went to a workshop and she was one of the models. Seems she is one of the top lingerie models in the world now working for manufacturers  in Asia and Europe . She also has 3.4 Million followers on Instagram .

Many models have moved on to other social media platforms that work better for them. The big problem with Instagram IMO is that unless the model post their location you have no idea where they are located, not a problem if you have a no limit budget but if you don't it is a problem. Then again she may not want to work for just $100 an hour even if she was your next door neighbor.

So what do you do? Find a model you like on MM and then use a search engine ti see what other platforms they are on and contact them. Maybe you get a reply, maybe you don't.

Exactly.

There is no reason to update MM portfolios anymore. Static portfolios are outdated.  When you update here, you have to remove something. On other platforms, you just keep adding. You never have to remove past work you're proud of.

May 25 20 03:49 am Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

MoRina wrote:
Exactly.

There is no reason to update MM portfolios anymore. Static portfolios are outdated.  When you update here, you have to remove something. On other platforms, you just keep adding. You never have to remove past work you're proud of.

Plus they are free, although in theory you can have multiple free portfolios her , one for nude, one for lingerie, one topless on in studio, one outdoors one with shoes one....
Of course each one will have a different email and name

May 25 20 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

LnN Studio wrote:
Plus they are free, although in theory you can have multiple free portfolios her[sic] , one for nude, one for lingerie, one topless on in studio, one outdoors one with shoes one....
Of course each one will have a different email and name

I do not recommend anyone playing that game.

Models can have one profile for nudes and one for non-nudes. If you try to sneak in multiple other profiles for other genres to maintain free accounts for more images, you risk getting caught, and all your profiles being suspended.

You can link to a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other free sites for your non-nudes work if you feel the need to not purchase an upgraded account here. Twitter even allows nudes, as does MeWe.

If you book one paid shoot a year here, doesn't that cover your expenses for an upgraded account with a higher portfolio photo count?

Monthly charges:
Basic (free): 50 images
PREMIUM ($6/month): 100 images
VIP ($10/month): 500 images
discounts apply for six months or annual memberships.

May 27 20 02:35 am Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Eric it was a joke, a reduction to absurdity argument

May 27 20 06:05 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Eric212Grapher wrote:

Models can have one profile for nudes and one for non-nudes. If you try to sneak in multiple other profiles for other genres to maintain free accounts for more images, you risk getting caught, and all your profiles being suspended.

?

I'm not aware of any limits to the number of profiles an individual can have on MM.

May 29 20 02:59 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

?

I'm not aware of any limits to the number of profiles an individual can have on MM.

I thought you can have 1 profile / member category.

May 29 20 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Eric212Grapher wrote:

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
?

ref: https://www.internetbrands.com/ibterms/

Terms of Use wrote:
3(b). Accounts
For each site, a user may create, maintain and use no more than one account to post content only on his/her or its own behalf.

MM does allow one account in the various categories: a model may also have a photographer account, Hair stylist, make-up artist, etc. However, two of the same categories is a problem, especially if the purpose is to post more images by avoiding paying for a higher membership level. As stated before, models might be allowed a nude and non-nude account as the exception. However, if you link to the nude account from your non-nude account, that sort of defeats the reason to allow both accounts.

May 29 20 05:49 pm Link