Forums > Model Colloquy > Photography by Freddie/John Wallace Jr Photoshoot

Model

Chynna_Doll

Dallas, Texas, US

Just wanted to share this info for other models to hopefully not be suckered in by this.
I didnt follow through as all it took was a few reverse image searches on their website to see it was nothing but a fraud set up but younger models just starting out might not realize or be so hungry for success theyll get duped into printing fake checks and fudging up their bank accounts.

I was contacted by some stranger saying they found me on model mayhem so this person may not have an account at all and just uses this site as a watering hole for victims. They offered me a high paying job (like 5 grand) which is no doubt to catch any models eye. After hearing how they wanted me to print off a check from a computer without check paper, just plain paper, and to DEPOSIT it into my bank account then send them funds(AFTER I sent an email for information to verify legitimacy that they straight up ignored) I called them out for trying to run such a weak scam.

Here's a link to the scammers website and also links to pics of the reverse image results and our emails. Stay safe out here fellow models!:

http://imgur.com/a/eGy8bwB

Scam site: http://photographybyfreddie.com/about.html

Feb 25 20 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Chynna_Doll wrote:
They offered me a high paying job (like 5 grand) which is no doubt to catch any models eye. After hearing how they wanted me to print off a check from a computer without check paper, just plain paper, and to DEPOSIT it into my bank account then send them funds(AFTER I sent an email for information to verify legitimacy that they straight up ignored) I called them out for trying to run such a weak scam.

Usually the scammer sends you a fake check. These idiots wanted you to print your own fake check! Wow!
Did they explain how to use magnetic ink?

Why would you expect them to verify their legitimacy?

Feb 25 20 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Mark Salo wrote:

Usually the scammer sends you a fake check. These idiots wanted you to print your own fake check! Wow!
Did they explain how to use magnetic ink?

Why would you expect them to verify their legitimacy?

Things are bad when scammers are Tighting belts and cant afford fake checks anymore

Feb 25 20 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Marc S Photography

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for letting the ModelMayhem community know about this scam. The more scammers are red flagged, the more hesitant they will be to try it again here.

Feb 25 20 04:43 pm Link