Forums > Model Colloquy > Coronavirus and your bush

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

And one more, because this one's fitting as well.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8f65f9af4be168d702947b1f79a5ddb1/tenor.gif

Apr 27 20 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

John Jebbia  wrote:
https://i.gifer.com/ofi.gif

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Apr 27 20 09:05 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Asheville, North Carolina, US

When you are a model, especially a full-time one who primarily shoots nude, if you have any body hair at all, photographers will beg you to shave it. If you have no body hair, photographers will beg you to grow it all back. There is no winning, because you can never have a look that pleases even most shooters. I've had people tell me everything from, "I'll hire you only if you get breast implants," to "Your body is far too curvy" - often within days of each other. From, "Your pubic hair is great," to "I only work with fully shaved pubis." From literally everything, to its exact opposite.

We are constantly bombarded with messages telling us that, whatever we are, we are not suitable. Since this is the reality of this occupation, it is best for models to do as they choose and totally ignore the requests of photographers - since it will all be contradictory and vary constantly. Trying to cater to whatever people wants will only lead to frustration and burnout. I modeled professionally for more than a decade, and never wanted for work, but it was a matter of just insisting that my look is my look, at any given time. Take it or leave it.

May 02 20 08:11 am Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

GianCarlo Images wrote:
So consider using this stagnant time to let it grow, keep it controlled like a bonsai tree ...

Now I can't get the image out of my head of Mr Miyagi tending to his bonsai.

Sep 20 20 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Michelle Genevieve wrote:

Now I can't get the image out of my head of Mr Miyagi tending to his bonsai.

I remember photographing a model years ago with a tightly curled brown bush.
I have never seen a beautiful bush like that since then.
She also was a very attractive model!    smile

Sep 20 20 09:40 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

popcorn

Oct 04 20 05:36 am Link

Model

Kayla_Ann

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I'm not interested in reading any of the comments after the OP because I see a bunch of rudeness going on...

But yes. I actually have grown out my bush for the first time in my adult life this year and I'm planning on doing some shoots with it before I cut it off--and I will cut it off for mainly personal reasons, but I don't mind photographers who prefer different hair styles in any region of their models. There definitely are customers that want different things, and I see no problem with that either.

Oct 14 20 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Handtinted Women

Savannah, Georgia, US

Nov 16 20 07:16 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Culottes

Kansas City, Missouri, US

My recall of fashion history may be a little bit murky, but I recall that the great fashion British designer, Mary Quant, use pubic hair as an element of fashion.  Shapes like hearts and various dyes were used to supplement some of her early creations.

And at points in history, the merkin has been used as adornment or a way to embellish ensembles, make a statement, or match other hair elsewhere on the body.   

Christopher

Nov 17 20 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Al_Vee Photography

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I was a female touring nude model for well over a decade (this is my photographer account). In my experience, having posed nude for a living, if you let your pubic hair grow, everyone would beg you to shave it off. If you shaved it off, everyone complained you looked better before. There's really no winning for models, and male photographers are never satisfied. It's the same with cosmetic alterations. For probably the first 5 or so years I modeled, I dealt with a lot of pressure to get breast augmentation. As an athlete, in my personal life, I wasn't interested in changing how my body felt or moved, especially for something that would have interrupted or changed my training habits. Had I chosen to get them done, back then, I would have probably made more money overall, but then I would have dealt with an onslaught of people saying I'd "ruined" my body, and being disrespectful about it. Basically,  until you've worked as a touring nude, on the circuit, you have  NO idea how female models are treated with regards to their bodies and bodily autonomy.

Nov 22 20 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
That was a whole lot of extra words just to say "I prefer models with pubic hair - even though nobody asked my opinion."

Great to see someone get the essence of the OP's message.

Nov 23 20 06:18 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

For what it's worth: Shaved or not, it's none of my business. I have no preference. All I expect from a shoot is a good interaction between the model and myself so we get good photographs. In fifteen years on MM, I have had one model ask if I wanted her shaved or unshaven. I told her to use her judgement in getting ready for the shoot. And as far as the coronavirus is concerned, its spread is keeping me housebound and unable to do something I really enjoy.

Nov 23 20 11:33 am Link