Forums > Model Colloquy > Disabled models for bridal SYDNEY

Clothing Designer

Aprillorraine

Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia

Hello all

I’m new to Model Mayhem. I’ve recently started my own bridal label, creating custom designed gowns. I’m wanting to make my label with diversity, more specifically disability. Having a disability myself I think the industry has a lot of work to do with working models with disability more. I’d really like to work with models who are amputee/disabled when I have more gowns to shoot. I don’t have any work at the moment, and given to situation with coronavirus it might be a while until I can organise a photo shoot, so I’m hoping to make connections. The problem is I have no idea how to find models with disability, there doesn’t seem to be any modelling agencies representing them. So I’m hoping I can find them here, I’m based in Wollongong NSW so anyone in NSW. Feel free to check out my insta page @aprillorrainebridal

Apr 07 20 02:01 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

You can post a casting call ( top menu "castings" ).

Apr 07 20 03:43 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I absolutely love bridal and I certainly hope for an amazing future for you and love your ideas expressed.

Jen

Apr 10 20 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hello.

While waiting to find disabled models (the sense of truth behind your advertising and goal) there is also the option of shooting with non-disabled models to convey interest in, and availability of, your gowns for that market in the meantime.

Depicting a non-disabled model in a wheelchair for the purpose of marketing and showcasing your line is not false advertising but demonstrative of what you offer and cater to, for example.  Yes, no?

Models with disabilities may be very hard to find in the meantime, but perhaps reach out to the organizations that deal with women with disabilities describing what you are seeking?

Shoot with your target audience and brand identity and signature in mind, and then - the significant part for visibility;
Marketing campaign; Google rankings, and Local SEO.

Wish you the best and hope it goes very well for your company!

Apr 18 20 07:47 am Link

Photographer

RVD Photography

Pasadena, Texas, US

ROUA IMAGES wrote:
Depicting a non-disabled model in a wheelchair for the purpose of marketing and showcasing your line is not false advertising but demonstrative of what you offer and cater to, for example.  Yes, no?

It's going to be seen as very offensive to that market if they learn that the model is not disabled.

Apr 19 20 02:42 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Maybe you could check the various organisations catering to physically challenged people ….
https://www.and.org.au/.

Apr 19 20 06:58 am Link