Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > Keeping busy / Remote shooting success

Photographer

Pix Photography

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom

When lockdown first started in the Uk, I was on a roll.... more shoots at the beginning of this year, than the whole of the last six months of 2019.
I decided I needed to find a way to carry on.
With a bit of determination, I discovered a models with a DSLR and together we developed a way to tether her camera to her computer and for me to take control using remote technology.
Now on to shoot number 5 and the buzz is growing for me.... looking forward to using this to work with people in countries that I am probably never going to visit.
What are you doing to keep busy photographically during lockdown?

Apr 26 20 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

matt-h2

Oakland, California, US

Congratulations! I've been talking with a model about helping her with such a setup (I wouldn't be shooting her, but just helping out so she can then advertise her capabilities). Would you mind sharing the software combo you've been using? That would save me a few steps. I think she has a Canon 5D3 available to her, at least. And, unfortunately, a slow-ish internet connection (DSL).

Apr 26 20 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Phillip Ritchie

Costa Mesa, California, US

very interesting concept

I like the idea it of you controlling the camera can you change the camera settings ??

May 01 20 07:05 am Link