Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > So what you think? Critique please.

Photographer

richieslenz

Weston, Florida, US

So I'm a new photographer to MM. This past weekend was a pretty successful photo weekend. Let me know what you think about my photos in my profile. I'm just putting myself out there and seeing what different people think. Just gotta keep learning and creating photos! Thanks! More photos on my IG instagram.com/richieslenz/

Jun 23 20 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

Generally, great stuff. The cereal or whatever it is shows that you experiment, and that's a real plus.  That's "A" grade stuff.
Excessive photos featuring murals or other artwork of others is more like "C" grade, but we don't use grades; I'm just trying to convey my thoughts.  Several models would be a plus.  Interesting lighting is pretty essential.   Generally, each photo should feature one or more models.
This is your second post though.  Be sure to keep coming back.  These MM forums are not anywhere near as active as they used to be.  If you don't seem to be getting feedback on something, feel free to message me, and I'll (probably) get back pretty soon.

Jun 24 20 01:23 am Link

Photographer

richieslenz

Weston, Florida, US

Hey Fist thanks for the info! Really appreciate it. At the moment I'm just looking for models willing to give me a shot. Just waiting to see if I get any takers. Outside of that I'm thinking of new ideas id like to try out whenever I do get an available model. I just got to keep looking. Until then I'll keep shooting whatever I can. Let's see what the future holds. Just gonna keep working at it!

Jun 24 20 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Tegnerm

Los Alcázares, Murcia, Spain

Hi Richie,

I like the idea with the coloured cereal a lot that’s good work.
The pictures with the model and the house paintings are okay but not great because the main focus in a picture should always be the model and in this case you hardly notice the model.
But of course no rules without an exception. If you put the model in a screaming yellow suit so she sticks out, then it’s okay to make her part of a larger picture.. Anyway you are on a good track so keep going 🙏🏻

Jun 26 20 12:40 am Link

Photographer

richieslenz

Weston, Florida, US

Thank you for the awesome info! Really appreciate it.

Jun 27 20 09:10 am Link