Forums > Critique > Portfolio Critique and Advice for New Model

Model

baiwhidihihd

Long Beach, California, US

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get the other members opinions on the photos I've posted on my MM profile. I recently had the chance to work with a talented photographer I met on here and chose these 7 images to represent me. I feel they are strong images but I don't have much of a reference because I'm new and I'm struggling to find a way to leverage these images into paid work. Also, what type of modeling work do you think my look would be most suited for and what agencies should I be getting in touch with? Thank you.

Jul 07 20 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I would recommend that you take some time and study your angles and poses in  a mirror before shooting again

In my opinion - As a Male Model You need 3 strong shots to start out

A Headshot - Aim for something Black and White . Dramatic and with no distracting background features

A Suit Shot - An expensive suit perhaps walking in an urban environment ..And dont forget that Rolex ( or facsimile )

A Better  Physique Shot - There are several problems with the shot ( number 7 ) that You have posted . Your pose is awkward - with your hips thrust into the camera , there is some sort of gunk on you - especially your legs . The bathing suit you are wearing is puffy and not very flattering

Jul 07 20 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'd listen to Garry K.   My guess is you got your current photos via trade.   Sometimes you have to pay for quality images.   What you currently display isn't very good.   Work on your expressions while you're at it.

Jul 07 20 02:40 pm Link