Forums > Critique > What should I add to my portfolio?

Model

Phoenix Fires Burn

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am adding some nudes soon and a shoot that I am directing with myself as a dead rock star...but not sure what else to add?

What would you add if you were me? What should I do more/less of in your opinion?

Please keep in mind that I don't want to do normal stuff...I am mostly into fetish/art/bondage/nudes/etc...smile

Jul 14 20 07:01 am Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

If you don't want "normal" images, try playing with makeup, props, and lighting more to fit the ideas you are looking for.  Finding a studio type setup might help or commandeer some space at your residence or a friends.  Currently the portfolio looks to be on the "normal" side for what you stated you are looking for.

Jul 21 20 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

You might consider rope work. You have a look that could work well for that. I don't know much about the speciality, but I've heard you should choose a rope artist wisely. You might consider shoots at abandoned locations too. Good luck! 👍🏼

Jul 31 20 11:32 am Link

Photographer

sweet gamine

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Below is a link to a photographer whose work I have been following for a number of years.
Her MM profile links to her IG.
You may find some inspiration there.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/karenjerzykphotography

Edited to add -
Although activity on this site has dropped considerably, there is still much in the way of excellent photography and modeling to be found here. Shooting in abandoned locations, when you can find them, often makes for great imagery.
I have spent many, many hours over the years (usually in the wee hours of the morning) compiling lists consisting of the work of other artisans on this site.
I have linked one list below:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/list/519865 18+

Jul 31 20 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Phoenix Fires Burn wrote:
I am adding some nudes soon and a shoot that I am directing with myself as a dead rock star...but not sure what else to add?

What would you add if you were me? What should I do more/less of in your opinion?

Please keep in mind that I don't want to do normal stuff...I am mostly into fetish/art/bondage/nudes/etc...smile

My opinion?  Do some "normal stuff." Cheesecake, glamour, etc.  I can see that you have a flare for out of the box style but it'd be nice to see you give yourself permission to be the sultry, eye candy type model. (Yes, that probably sounds completely misogynistic, and not what I mean by any stretch -  just don't have the words at the moment.)  Shoot something with the knowing that you can be, and are, that type of model when it comes to it, also.  Everything else under the sun can be your oyster.  Give in and commit to owning sessions like these with confidence that you, as you are, are enough to pull these off.

You have allure plus an edgy side at the same time and may not realize it.  Work with a photographer who'll emphasize your allure.

Jul 31 20 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Phoenix Fires Burn wrote:
What should I add to my portfolio?

Your genres are listed as:

Art
Bodypaint
Erotic
Fashion
Fetish
Glamour
Hair/Makeup
Lingerie
Pinup
Promotional Modeling

How many of those genres are apparent in Your Portfolio?

Aug 01 20 03:17 pm Link