Forums > Critique > Would like a critique of my portfolio

Model

JosephSigma00

Chicago, Illinois, US

Would very much like to have others critique my portfolio and best ways I can try to improve it. Especially during these times Of Covid and social distancing. 

Thanks!

Sep 04 20 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

The first 5, pick one and call it good.  Personally I don't see the merit in having 5 very similar ones there.  I like the others, good lighting and good representation of you.

As far as improvements, look at doing something outdoors and maybe an activity with natural light, hard to get some done under the current conditions.  A variety of settings, poses, and angles as well, the photos in the portfolio are mainly posed straight on, would like to see more angles.

Sep 09 20 09:17 pm Link

Model

JosephSigma00

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you!

Sep 10 20 07:21 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I like 3,4,7.
I don't care for the sideways glance on #8.
I don't care for the lighting on 1,2,5,6.
I don't care for the head tipped backward on 1,2,6.
Frown on #5.

Sep 10 20 03:38 pm Link

Model

JosephSigma00

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you for the feedback. Reflecting on a couple of my nude photos I decided to delete them. I need to have better quality

Sep 11 20 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I think You are off to a good start

I really like your avatar shot ( as it is dark and menacing ) but not as your avatar ...II think you should replace it  with a Good Well lit Head Shot for your avatar ( and keep the other shot in your portfolio  )

I like the Suit Look - but the backround is dead . You might want to try some more suit shots outdoor . maybe in the business district in a Lifestyle style ( ie walking . standing on the steps of some historic building etc )

I have no interest in looking at your nude photo - so i wont comment on that

Maybe try some Sports / Excercize Wear  Shots

And Keep trying to work with better and better Photographers

Sep 15 20 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

oops double

Sep 15 20 11:47 am Link

Photographer

AE Photography

Quartzsite, Arizona, US

you're in a big city, find some local photogs whose work you like and shoot (should be at least a couple of 'em here on MM) - your portfolio will increase in quantity and quality and your sense of who you are/want to be as a model will grow

Sep 17 20 09:20 pm Link