Forums > Critique > uploaded new photos

Photographer

Feb13 Studios

Los Angeles, California, US

check em out and tell me what you think.

If your work is worst than mine save the harsh critiques. Looking for genuine criticism that'll help me grow...

Oct 27 20 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

feb13films wrote:

If your work is worst than mine save the harsh critiques. Looking for genuine criticism that'll help me grow...

Well, my work is worse than yours. I'm so ashamed!

Oct 27 20 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Feb13 Studios

Mark Salo wrote:

I am open to a critique, I just hate seeing shitty photographers shitting on other people's work and theirs not even as good.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Oct 27 20 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Feb13 Studios

Mark Salo wrote:

You're solid my man! I love the moody black photos you have, I'll love to add something like that to my port.

Oct 27 20 10:25 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

feb13films wrote:
[snip]

Mark Salo wrote:

lol

I'm currently guilty of a similar bloated Portfolio but will add that less is more, pick Your best shot from each set and lose the duplicates.

Oct 27 20 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

feb13films wrote:

I'll do my best, fellow Angeleno, though I am known to be harsh.

My biggest critique of your work is that it has a snapshot quality to it. It just doesn't look professional.
There's no sense of composition, of considering foreground, middle ground and background while framing.
No sense of style: you just capture what is in front of you, whatever that may be.
All I can say is that your  choice of exposure seems ok for what you are doing, and your images are in focus, from what I've seen.

I would suggest to pick up a book on the history of photography. The reason for this is that you have to understand what makes a good picture, which you don't at the moment. It's a common problem here.

I would take the following steps in order to seriously improve:

1. Understand what makes a good photograph. Research at the library the history of photography.
2. Improve your technique accordingly. Read books on photographic technique. Trial and error.
3. Unleash your imagination. Experiment. Make something completely new.
Real imagination is technical imagination. Francis Bacon

Best of luck!

Oct 28 20 09:52 am Link