Forums > Critique > Can I underwear model?

Model

CoreyW

New York, New York, US

Hey everyone, first time posting on these forums don't be too harsh on me :p

Wondering if any of you can take a look at my profile and let me know what you think.

Much love

Nov 09 20 12:58 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

CoreyW wrote:
Can I underwear model?

[snip]

Wondering if any of you can take a look at my profile and let me know what you think.

Given opportunity You can Model whatever You like.

I'd remove the snapshots as they are pulling Your portfolio down.

fwiw

Nov 09 20 04:50 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Agree with FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY. I actually would say that you look more relaxed and more like a model on your Instagram than on some of the shots in your portfolio. But yeah, there's no reason why you couldn't if that's what you want to do. You just need to do it and work to be better with each shoot till you get there.

Nov 09 20 01:37 pm Link

Model

CoreyW

New York, New York, US

YAJHILPHOTO wrote:
Agree with FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY. I actually would say that you look more relaxed and more like a model on your Instagram than on some of the shots in your portfolio. But yeah, there's no reason why you couldn't if that's what you want to do. You just need to do it and work to be better with each shoot till you get there.

Appreciate the feedback, thank you

Nov 10 20 01:42 pm Link

Model

CoreyW

New York, New York, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

Given opportunity You can Model whatever You like.

I'd remove the snapshots as they are pulling Your portfolio down.

fwiw

Which snapshots are you referring to? I appreciate your critique

Nov 10 20 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I suggest that you get some sample underwear images in your MM portfolio.

I don't have an Instagram account so I can't see images there.

Nov 12 20 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Modelphilia

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Nov 23 20 12:00 am Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

Starting in the upper left of the portfolio and going to the right then down:
#1 - Edit out the background more, this is a vacation photo as is.  Face in the center is not good but the body is well presented and has good lighting.
#2 - Good portfolio shot
#3 - Current trend is to shave the pits.  Also edit out more of the background and put more focus on yourself as the model and subject
#4 - Good shot for starting portfolio
#5, 7, 8 and 9 - More vacation photos, I would suggest removing these.  Portfolio shots need to have you as the singular subject, not so much of the location unless it is supposed to be part of the concept.  #7 could be reedited to a vertical of just you and the chair but depends on other factors of the image file.
# 6 - Good headshot, a little flat in the lighting though.

As mentioned above, if you want to do underwear modeling, get some samples in there.  You may need to pay for a session or two but make sure the lighting and the location don't detract.  Look at published images similar to what you want to do and see how they look, try to emulate them.

Dec 04 20 11:18 am Link