Forums > Model Colloquy > Showreels the new Zeds?

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

The familiar model's portfolio agency card or "Model Composite" was started by Peter Marlowe im 1965.  Along came Sebastian Sed who called his "Sed Cards" which became known as "Zed Cards" later on with agencies.  Aside, I don't know why Nikon seems to be using that "Zed" term for their new mirrorless Z cameras and lenses either, but perhaps a spinoff of the term using the model/photographer genre.

The new "Showreels" are coming into being as the video format grows.  I can see how they also display the model's personality or 'camera haminess.'  The move to video from print might be part of it given the sheer number of cameras/phones that incorporate video.

Example of a model's "Showreel" is here - and maybe a field for photographers to explore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVYG674AO4

Nov 11 20 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

GRMACK wrote:
Aside, I don't know why Nikon seems to be using that "Zed" term for their new mirrorless
Z cameras and lenses either, but perhaps a spinoff of the term using the model/photographer genre.

Most English speaking countries pronounce a Z as "zed" (not the guy with the motocycle chopper
in Pulp Fiction). So in a  Canadian, British or Australian camera reviews it's called a Zed 6

Nov 11 20 04:59 pm Link