Forums > Critique > Looking for feed back on my port

Photographer

XLN PHOTOGRAPHY

Boerne, Texas, US

Nov 17 20 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ports really should show your best images. They are your advert. In my mind you have too many images that are similar.

A number of your images have a 'snapshot' feel to them (is that what you were trying to achieve?).

I don't see any kind of 'flow' between the images that you present. For example, I find jumping between color and black and white, landscape and portrait breaks the 'flow' of the work.

Good luck,
JT

Nov 19 20 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Noah Russell

Seattle, Washington, US

Pick the best image from each set rather than having multiple images with the same model and look.

Images where the model is looking at the camera tend to be more engaging. Sometimes model looking off works other times it just looks like you took a photo when they weren't ready. For pinup images, their energy should probably be toward the camera.

Make sure black and white conversions add something to the image and fit the genre. Sometimes low contrast works better and sometimes high contrast works better and sometimes color works better. It depends on the image.

Watch for distracting elements in the background that pull the focus away from the model.

Cheers,
Noah

Nov 19 20 07:46 pm Link

Model

Schoetze

New York, New York, US

I think there is far too many brick backdrops in the photos. I would probably seek out some nice backdrops in mother nature.

Nov 20 20 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

XLN PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Take a look. Be honest.

Overall I enjoyed the work and I'm actually jealous of a couple of Your Models. . 

Repetitive?  Yes, try to switch it up a little as it lacks diversity.

Easier said than done (guilty as charged) but:  quality over quantity, less is more.

fwiw

Nov 21 20 05:57 am Link