Forums > Critique > Refreshed my portfolio

Photographer

Chris Rehberg

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Hi,

I'm a photographer in Sydney, Australia and recently refreshed my portfolio here. (Still more to go!)

I do not have a single style - I experiment with low key, high key, using saturated tones, washed out colours. My theme is generally feminine beauty, but I am not just looking to portray a beautiful body - I want my audience to meet the person inside that body - for my photos to be as much, or even more about the sense, or spirit of a person, than purely the figure alone - although aesthetic in my final photographs does have to be pleasing to me.

To this end I love experimenting with fabrics, grasses and low key lighting, looking for simple compositions that flow well.

I welcome your feedback and constructive criticisms!

Many TIA smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2986458/viewall

Chris.

Jan 06 21 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

I like most of your material, could only come up with a couple of critiques!

First, the entire top end of the portfolio looks very similar in poses, full body and close to full body taken from a medium distance.  Mix up the poses a little more to keep it interesting.

Second, other than the bodyscapes there is only one close up shot of just a face, put more head shots in if you have them or a few more closer in shots.

Good stuff!

Jan 07 21 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rehberg

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback.

Yes, I do have close up head shots too - am working through backlog of shoots to pick out stuff to build the portfolio.

Thanks again.

Jan 07 21 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

Nice update, good variety.

One thing to watch out for is getting too many similar shots.

Jan 20 21 07:38 am Link