Forums > Model Colloquy > New (or not) to the industry, you should...

Photographer

David M Russell

New York, New York, US

Check out @SarahBledsoeOfficial on IG.

She's currently doing a series of videos that she's posting on IG about her experience in the modelling industry and it's both very real and very informative.

Sarah was one of the models on a season of Project Runway All Stars I worked on and I had the occasion to chat with her once or twice. She's very bright and genuine, and I think it's important for models to hear what she has to say.

Mar 08 21 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

In her blurb about storyboards she says she will have a conversation with the photographer and "nip that in the butt"... perhaps someone needs to let her know the expression is to "Nip it in the bud", as in a flower bud before it blossoms... She might be a little more credible.

Mar 09 21 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

David M Russell

New York, New York, US

Weldphoto wrote:
In her blurb about storyboards she says she will have a conversation with the photographer and "nip that in the butt"... perhaps someone needs to let her know the expression is to "Nip it in the bud", as in a flower bud before it blossoms... She might be a little more credible.

LOL. Yeah. I'd totally discount everything someone who has actually worked as a model and agent has to say because of that. Good thinking.

Most of the people on MM have walked for Armani in Paris like she has and probably don't need the kind of insight that her experience provides because you heard "butt" not "bud".

Mar 10 21 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

David M Russell wrote:

LOL. Yeah. I'd totally discount everything someone who has actually worked as a model and agent has to say because of that. Good thinking.

Most of the people on MM have walked for Armani in Paris like she has and probably don't need the kind of insight that her experience provides because you heard "butt" not "bud".

So you want to criticize someone pointing out a valid (and easily correctable) mistake about someone putting themselves forward as a professional communicator. Brave of you.

Mar 27 21 06:26 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

"Nip it in the bud" is a horticultural expression that has been expanded in usage to pertain to other  activities.  "Nip it in the butt" is a common error, but it is also an appropriate phrase under the correct circumstances. "Nip it in the butt" is specifically meant to pertain to holding back farts, but it can also be expanded to other instances, such the use of suppositories, or as when someone has their head so far up their ass (or their nose up someone else's) that it is appropriate to cut it off.  smile

Yes, I did fact check this. /s  big_smile

Mar 28 21 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

While the information Sarah presents may well be helpful to an entry level model - it is pretty basic so far , My hope is that she grows her following and also delves into some of the more challenging issues of the industry

Its a good start though

Mar 28 21 12:16 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you for the recommendation but, I'll pass. Kudos to her for her social media presence though, good for her.

Apr 14 21 09:58 pm Link

Retoucher

happynathan

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2021 05:32 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
Spam

Aug 26 21 02:58 am Link