Photographer

Deletedddddddddd

London, England, United Kingdom

Please have a look at my portfolio and let me know your thoughts

May 23 21 09:58 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

I think your portfolio needs to be fleshed out a bit with more work before trying to get any useful feedback. You only have shots of 2 people, some of the shots are the same shot, just in BW, and all the shots but one, are the exact same crop, lighting, and background. I also think your skin tones look a little off, but it's hard to say that with any authority, because I don't have enough variation in your portfolio to know if that's just not the way that person's skin actually looks.

I like the lighting on your BW shots, but the lighting on your other shots, although not horrible, feels very bland/boring to me.

Pretty limited portfolio to do any kind of serious review of, for me anyway. But that's what I see, hope that helps!

Ciao,
D.

May 23 21 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Agree with the above comment, in essence you have three photo with variations.

May 25 21 04:52 am Link

Photographer

Rhea Monson

Walnut Grove, Alabama, US

Ok, being as how you said please.
I agree mostly with above statement,and add,---
STUDY, PRACTICE, CREATE.

May 25 21 06:52 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

You declare in your profile that you do beauty. I looked at the photos and I don't think you're using the best lens for beauty. Your angles for beauty are not good. Then there's the lighting, the background, and the composition.

Beauty is something that is hard to learn. You either intuitively feel it or you end up watching videos on how to shoot beauty, beauty with one light and still many can't do it.

You also need the right kind of models. And that's something you just know as a beauty photographer. Beauty is big bucks potentially, so you're wise in your exploratory efforts, but a good place to start is to look at beauty commercials.

Let's give you some. Cyril Lagel, hair: http://www.branch.pl/news/78
http://www.cactusretouch.com/inicio/adv … -campaign/

You should look at a lot of the makeup companies ad, both print and video. I hope this helps.

May 25 21 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

Kiro,
You describe yourself as Experienced and suggest people DM you for your rates, but your photos say you are a rank beginner.  How is it that you don't know the difference?

May 25 21 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

shoot outdoors first then studio

Jul 25 21 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hello Kiro,

Overall, the lighting, really.
From the series you're presenting the lighting is often a bit too contrasty (that's a professional photography term, damn it! :-P) and a little too low or unbalanced giving the images more of a portraiture vibe rather than beauty at this time.  I.E., a lot of shadows that don't have to be there.  (This has nothing to do with your choice of framing or the quality of the models in your portfolio - they are quite capable, very expressive, and potentially downright gorgeous given alternate setups and prep.)  As for your choice of framing (beauty shot with landscape cropping) that's your thing and not factored in as a basis for my (single-minded "my-way-or-the-highway" snarky ass opinion) observation.

Also, maybe by choice, but it looks like you are working within the confines of a fixed lens (an 85mm?  Cropped 50?  Whatcha shootin' on anyway?) for the most part and working within the limitations of lens vs. available space.

Another set with a better balanced lighting setup, a 70-200mm maybe, and...?

Model in last shot is stunning.  Very nicely done.

EDIT: (Aww man, just saw this was rezzed from May.)

Jul 26 21 09:35 am Link