Forums > Model Colloquy > Modeling to the UK after Brexit?

Model

Denna_model

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Hi everyone! I would like to plan several gigs in the UK, especially in the London area. I've been reading the new regulation from the UK government site, and they say that it's doable only if the model applies for the Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.

Does anyone have tips and tops to share with me? Has anyone traveled with this visa previously? How can I arrange the right documents which prove my paid commissions? I am an EU citizen living in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance to those who will reply smile

Jul 01 21 01:47 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Denna_photomodel wrote:
How can I arrange the right documents which prove my paid commissions?

Apparently, "invitation letters" from everyone who you'll be working with in the U.K. for the maximum 30 day period.  Unknown as to whether that includes the amount to be paid, but I suspect that would be a good idea.

They certainly don't seem to be making it easy:

https://www.carterthomas.co.uk/our-work … itor-visa/

No idea how they're ruling when it comes to models specifically, but hopefully someone who's actually been through the process can chime in...

Jul 01 21 09:21 am Link

Photographer

P R E S T O N

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Denna_photomodel wrote:
Hi everyone! I would like to plan several gigs in the UK, especially in the London area. I've been reading the new regulation from the UK government site, and they say that it's doable only if the model applies for the Permitted Paid Engagement Visa.

Does anyone have tips and tops to share with me? Has anyone traveled with this visa previously? How can I arrange the right documents which prove my paid commissions? I am an EU citizen living in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance to those who will reply smile

Unless you're able to prove an established relationship with a recognised fashion model agency, engagements by top-tier clients (tear sheets) and an invitation from a recognised UK-based arts/entertainments/education organisation, then I'm afraid you'd be wasting your time applying.

Jul 01 21 10:51 pm Link

Retoucher

happynathan

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2021 05:33 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
Spam

Aug 26 21 02:57 am Link