Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > All right, who was flying with a film camera?

Photographer

Immersion Studios

Dayton, Ohio, US

Kind of an odd reaction from this fellow traveler.   I wonder what kind of camera it was?

https://news.yahoo.com/bomb-scare-led-e … 00402.html

Oct 10 21 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

I wonder if that poor mistreated photog has any recourse?

Oct 11 21 10:53 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It doesn't help matters much when reviewing photos the photographer see's one he likes and says "I'll blow this one up".

Oct 11 21 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

As my grandmother used to always say:  Better Safe Than Sorry !

We live in unusual and dangerous times . . .

As we've all been told in recent years:  "If you See something, Say something" !

Oct 11 21 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

"... she spotted another man in her husband’s row scrolling through videos and photos of vintage cameras, sources said.

She thought he was looking up bomb-making instructions, and when the man pulled out his own camera and adjusted it she was convinced he was setting a timer on a detonator, sources said."

Sure! Anyone browsing the internet must be looking at bomb-making instructions. Or maybe how to poison his wife?

Oct 11 21 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Immersion Studios

Dayton, Ohio, US

Managing Light wrote:

They were probably given a voucher for 4 free flights on Ryanair or Spirit

Oct 11 21 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Managing Light wrote:

i dont think he is a photographer. based on the article:

"Among various personal items were a skateboard and vintage cameras, sources said."

clearly this person is a "hipster" or whatever the current day version of that is.

Oct 11 21 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
As we've all been told in recent years:  "If you See something, Say something" !

Very, very unfortunately "if you see something, say something", can be horribly abused in a very dangerous and deadly way...., It's called "swatting"!!!
John

Oct 21 21 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

I've flown with my 4x5 large format camera, and typically have it and baggie of film in my underseat carry on and other accessories in bag for overhead bin. I remove the film baggie and ask that it be hand checked, and have not had a problem with that aspect.

On one flight leaving Phoenix, the hand check and underseat bag were cleared, but the bag for overhead was pulled for hand inspection. I was called over to watch. As I wondered what had caused the need for inspection, they began the swabbing for explosive material, and I was thinking "oh sh*t"; on previous day I had been in the desert outside of Prescott doing a lot of shooting and I began to worry there was GSR all over the place.... The machine came back clear on that test, so the bag was opened and the agent went directly to one corner where I had a stack of 4" square filters for front of lens. I'm sure that 3"x4"x4" block of plastic showed up on their scanner as something quite suspicious! I explained what it was and all was good.

Oct 31 21 01:15 pm Link