Forums > Critique > new to mm

Photographer

Juan333

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Hello all! Plz give me some feedback and what you believe I'm missing in my profile.

Nov 01 21 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Siedemkwf

Ridgewood, New York, US

Hi,
Take this please as personal opinion, not professional advice.
I am confused with a picture of flower and pillow with glasses in your portfolio.
I have visited your IG profile and I think it is rally great portfolio there; colors, textures, creativity all works great together.
Use your skills on models and make photographers jealous of your work...
I wish You all the BEST.

Dec 19 21 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Juan333 wrote:
Hello all! Plz give me some feedback and what you believe I'm missing in my profile.

Dump the mushrooms and the 'ghost' shot. They are a waste on a modelling site. Keep for the moment the other four images.

Hit the library and borrow a basic book on composition, portraits and posing and also "Light ― Science & Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting" by Paul Fukua et al. Hit some of the galleries/museums and cast a critical eye over the photographs/paintings, see what you think works and what doesn't.

Hire a couple of experienced models and work with them to get your feet wet as regards directing posing.

Be brutally critical of your own portfolio. To the outside world you are only as strong as your weakest image.

Finally, keep shooting and enjoy the challenges.
JT

Dec 19 21 08:49 pm Link