JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

The Japanese are known for being imaginative, but this is really bizarre;
https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer_Projekt

Dec 11 21 11:15 am Link

Photographer

E Thompson Photography

Hyattsville, Maryland, US

Section Nine uses 'Think Tanks". It's really no biggy, and then there was "Tank Girl".

Dec 11 21 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

More here;
https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Karl-Ger%C3%A4t_040

The creators of GUP are clearly quite knowledgable about World War Two military history and technology.

In addition to the Tank Girl comics and movie there was a photo book, Tank Girls by Hans Halberstadt featuring models posing on armoured vehicles. Quite difficult to obtain now.

Dec 12 21 04:07 am Link

Retoucher

KatanyaG

Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I think that Japanese manga and anime can seem very unusual to the western eye. That being said it looks like it’d be an interesting manga to read?
I haven’t read the Tank Girl comics, but I have watched the movie when I was younger and enjoyed it - Jamie Hewlett also created the Gorillaz if I remember rightly.

Dec 12 21 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

KatanyaG wrote:
I think that Japanese manga and anime can seem very unusual to the western eye. That being said it looks like it’d be an interesting manga to read?
I haven’t read the Tank Girl comics, but I have watched the movie when I was younger and enjoyed it - Jamie Hewlett also created the Gorillaz if I remember rightly.

The movie, Tank Girl was fun, I haven't seen the comics, they're quite rare now I think.

Dec 26 21 07:58 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

Don't know anything about the Tank Girls comics but in some of the more conservative areas models love to pose with guns and I can presume that a tank is kinda like the ultimate gun!!!
I've done a couple shoots on a tank, some models are really into that sort of thing.
My guess is having access to tanks is probably not very easy in some areas.
I have an Armory Museum 2 miles from me so sometimes you take that kind of access for granted!!!
John

Dec 29 21 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

C.C. Holdings

Los Angeles, California, US

JSouthworth wrote:
The Japanese are known for being imaginative, but this is really bizarre;
https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer_Projekt

lol I guess it says a lot about me that I don't find this bizarre at all, for Japan

Once you've gone down the rabbit hole once you never really leave huh

Dec 29 21 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

John Silva Photography wrote:
Don't know anything about the Tank Girls comics but in some of the more conservative areas models love to pose with guns and I can presume that a tank is kinda like the ultimate gun!!!
I've done a couple shoots on a tank, some models are really into that sort of thing.
My guess is having access to tanks is probably not very easy in some areas.
I have an Armory Museum 2 miles from me so sometimes you take that kind of access for granted!!!
John

There are plenty of museums in the UK that have tanks on display, so there are possibilities. Earlier on I mentioned the now rare book, Tank Girls by Hans Halberstadt.

The idea behind GuP is that schools in future Japan allow girls to practise armoured warfare as a traditional martial art and take part in inter-school competitions, a kind of extension of what they do at present with judo, karate, naginatajutsu and so on.

Jan 01 22 07:44 am Link