Forums > Model Colloquy > Model Category

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

Does anyone else remember when this category was designated primarily for models to post in?

Jan 25 22 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:
Does anyone else remember when this category was designated primarily for models to post in?

It still is.

Jan 25 22 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:

Mark Salo wrote:
It still is.

Designated: Yes
Still is Designated: Yes
Actually used by models to post in: Hell no.
(that's why MM created the secret forum for models to use)

Jan 25 22 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

My understanding is the public forums are categorized by topic, not by who can and can’t post.  So, the model colloquy forum is about issues and questions pertaining to modeling, it’s not a forum  for models.  Models are similarly free to ask questions about photography in the photography forum.  It’s believe there is a “secret” forum just for models, but no forum just for photographers.   That’s my understanding anyways.

Jan 25 22 09:59 pm Link

Clothing Designer

veypurr

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Abbitt Photography wrote:
My understanding is the public forums are categorized by topic, not by who can and can’t post.  So, the model colloquy forum is about issues and questions pertaining to modeling, it’s not a forum  for models.  Models are similarly free to ask questions about photography in the photography forum.  It’s believe there is a “secret” forum just for models, but no forum just for photographers.   That’s my understanding anyways.

The secret model forum is used primarily to talk about how awesome I am.

Jan 26 22 05:31 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
Designated: Yes
Still is Designated: Yes
Actually used by models to post in: Hell no.
(that's why MM created the secret forum for models to use)

Which is still sorely under used, bc the site is a wee bit on the life-support side these days.

And the "secret" forum is still being infiltrated by horny male children (mentally, not chronologically), who still ask complete asinine questions to get their curious jollies on.
It's extremely tiresome and most models seem to have moved on to other free, uncesnored platforms where mansplaining and predatory behavior can be better monitored and handled.

wink

Jan 26 22 09:10 pm Link