Forums > Critique > Berate Me

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Tell me how bad my work is….but if You do please offer me some constructive criticism as well

Here and on IG (link in Bio) My work here spans 2006 to 2014 and my IG 2015 to about 2020 ( I’m a bit behind in posting )

Sep 19 22 10:28 am Link

Photographer

DTP - Photography

Chesapeake, Virginia, US

It's not really a complaint, but how do you get your IG photos spread out over a number of posts. I wish my port was half as good as yours. Stop being good.

Did I do that right?

Sep 19 22 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Hey I am looking for a beat down,

Lol

But I will answer your question

Resize your Images to 120 cm x80cm ( or 80cm x120cm)

And then chop them into  up into 40cm x40cm  sections for individual IG posting

Sep 20 22 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm still lookin' up the word "berate", does it have anything ta do with bears or hibernation  .  .  .  wink.  Okay, here's what really steams me about your work  .  .  .

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38584603

.  .  .  at least this image in particular, I have no idea where this spot is, or how ta end up there shootin' with this beautiful model  .  .  .  yep, that's all I can come up with  .  .  .  carry on, you're doin' jest fine!

SOS

Sep 22 22 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

sospix wrote:
I'm still lookin' up the word "berate", does it have anything ta do with bears or hibernation  .  .  .  wink.  Okay, here's what really steams me about your work  .  .  .

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38584603

.  .  .  at least this image in particular, I have no idea where this spot is, or how ta end up there shootin' with this beautiful model  .  .  .  yep, that's all I can come up with  .  .  .  carry on, you're doin' jest fine!

SOS

Canon Beach on the Oregon Coast

But the Model sadly is retired

Overall the Shoot was disappointing because the weather was forcast to be good but we got there mid day (from Washington State it immediately began to cloud over and then started raining … I would really only recommend trying to shoot there in the middle of summer

Sep 22 22 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Garry k wrote:
Canon Beach on the Oregon Coast

But the Model sadly is retired

Overall the Shoot was disappointing because the weather was forcast to be good but we got there mid day (from Washington State it immediately began to cloud over and then started raining … I would really only recommend trying to shoot there in the middle of summer

I think I've shot on that beach  .  .  .  flew into Seattle to complete the drive down the PCH to Baja Mexico, I musta stopped to shoot beautiful spots at least 50 or so times on the way south  .  .  .  it had been over fifty years since I did that drive, the last time we surfed our way down the coast, but, that was in prehistoric times, when boards were made outta wood (balsa) and surfers were nutz  .  .  .  really enjoyed the image GK!

SOS

Sep 28 22 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

sospix wrote:

I think I've shot on that beach  .  .  .  flew into Seattle to complete the drive down the PCH to Baja Mexico, I musta stopped to shoot beautiful spots at least 50 or so times on the way south  .  .  .  it had been over fifty years since I did that drive, the last time we surfed our way down the coast, but, that was in prehistoric times, when boards were made outta wood (balsa) and surfers were nutz  .  .  .  really enjoyed the image GK!

SOS

That Trip sounds pretty Epic

Sep 28 22 11:03 am Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Garry k wrote:
Tell me how bad my work is….but if You do please offer me some constructive criticism as well

Here and on IG (link in Bio) My work here spans 2006 to 2014 and my IG 2015 to about 2020 ( I’m a bit behind in posting )

I know that spreading images out over several frames is fashionable, and that you are a fashion photographer, but I find it overused in in your Instagram port. There...berating over!

For the most part your photography, both here on MM and on Instagram, is spot on and I enjoy looking at your work.

JT

Sep 29 22 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

JT Life Photography wrote:

I know that spreading images out over several frames is fashionable, and that you are a fashion photographer, but I find it overused in in your Instagram port. There...berating over!

For the most part your photography, both here on MM and on Instagram, is spot on and I enjoy looking at your work.

JT

Yes I might be over doing that technique

Sep 29 22 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

From what I am seeing, your biggest challenge is imagination.
Your work is good but it almost looks like catalog photography.

Consider stepping outside your "safety zone" and getting a little crazy. Even if you don't succeed every time, take chances.
Be an artist, instead of simply documenting what your lovely models look like.

That's my opinion.

Oct 30 22 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Shadow Dancer wrote:
From what I am seeing, your biggest challenge is imagination.
Your work is good but it almost looks like catalog photography.

Consider stepping outside your "safety zone" and getting a little crazy. Even if you don't succeed every time, take chances.
Be an artist, instead of simply documenting what your lovely models look like.

That's my opinion.

Good point

Oct 30 22 07:21 pm Link