Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Pound Sterling

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

I read in a few days the Bank of England's 20 and 50 Pound paper bank notes won't be worth the paper they're printed on.  The bank notes are going plastic.  I first encountered plastic bank notes in Hong Kong in 2013.  George, Abe, and Alex on plastic for the US would be cool.

Sep 26 22 08:21 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

rxz wrote:
I read in a few days the Bank of England's 20 and 50 Pound paper bank notes won't be worth the paper they're printed on.  The bank notes are going plastic.  I first encountered plastic bank notes in Hong Kong in 2013.  George, Abe, and Alex on plastic for the US would be cool.

I already got mo' plastic cards in me wallet than I kin stand  .  .  .  does anyone still accept silver dollars  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 28 22 07:33 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

sospix wrote:

I already got mo' plastic cards in me wallet than I kin stand  .  .  .  does anyone still accept silver dollars  .  .  .  wink

SOS

The US has around 14 billion one dollar notes in circulation.  A Federal Reserve Bank employee I talked to a while back said they last about 18 months in circulation.  That means an average of 38 million notes are chopped up and new notes released daily.  It does keep our BEP employees busy. Our tax dollars at work. 
As for dollar coins, stores love (?) it if I drop a couple Suzy B's on the counter.

Sep 28 22 08:23 am Link