Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What’s up with the catfishing models?

Photographer

Peter A D Stahl

Augusta, Georgia, US

I think I’ve run across about a model a month that is catfishing. I don’t know the end game of it. Recently (last three) it’s been someone that looks like a legitimate model for a couple weeks even months. Then they post a ton of nudes that from the quality seems like they are from the early 2000s and then they vanish (shut down the account or delete everything). One of those even started posting again but a totally different model/ ex girlfriend/ girl they found photos of. Then again vanished, and started up last night posting the first girl but new photos still looking like they are from the 2000s to only vanish yet again. I don’t know what it’s all about.
I’d get it if it’s some way to trick a deposit out of photographers but they seem to choose random out of the way towns, have “TFP”, and never seem to ask for money. I’m wondering if it’s some sexual thing or revenge on a particular model, since they seem to implode it with a bunch of nudes. It’s honestly just confusing.
Anyone out there with insight?

Oct 28 22 01:51 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn 2

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Who knows what the end goal is.
I've got a blocked list filled with "new accounts" from people running obvious old "overpay check scam"
I get fake casting calls about once a week.

You just learn to block fake accounts as soon as you see them. & go on about your day.

Oct 29 22 08:22 am Link