Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

No one has commented on travel experience over the past week.  So did very few travel any distance?  Or those flying are still at some airport, especially if they had a Southwest flight.  I worked for a couple companies back in the 80s where business travel was on either United or Southwest.  I couldn't stand Southwest back then.   Eight billion in stock buybacks and dividends has made more sense to them now than improving the their logistics.  Or do we just blame the U.S. travelers who want to fly on the cheap?

I always felt I was a novice flying traveler.  After making a list of the 48 airports I've flown in or out of in the U.S., maybe I'm not.    Plus 24 airports outside the U.S.  My last great flight was on Cathy Pacific to Asia in 2013.  Now I drive.  My last 2 photo trips from Illinois; to Nevada and to New Mexico/Colorado.

Dec 29 22 09:32 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

I haven't been on public transport since covid started so no travel snafus!
The very first time I flew South West was in the late seventies. I flew from El Paso to LA. I was coming from Mexico on public transport and catching the flight was gonna be close. So I didn't waste time getting anything to eat assuming once on the plane I'd get fed. Well, probably 24 hours without food except for two bags of peanuts on the plane I was almost too weak to walk off the plane!! I've flown SW many times since but know you never get on a SW flight on an empty stomach!!! LoL
The bad weather had been predicted for weeks so folks had nothing to cry about. People think nothing applies to them. Everyone wants everything to be someone else's fault and never accept any responsibility!!!
John

Jan 02 23 11:27 pm Link