Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Summer shooting plans anyone?

Photographer

Photographer12years

Everett, Washington, US

Any of you photographers have plans for this summer?  I plan on driving out maybe as far as Montana. Nothing like a good road trip and sleeping in the car.

Jan 05 23 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

No plans really, just take it as it comes.

If you head east into Montana stay on I-90 until you get to the Bear Tooth Highway, south of Billings. Head south over the Bear Tooth Pass and down into Wyoming to Cody and stay in the Irma Hotel. A terrific trip with lots of great stuff to see and lots of photo ops. I did a similar trip back in '03 with my brother, by motorcycle. In the spring, Montana is simply beautiful.

Jan 05 23 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Photographer12years

Everett, Washington, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
No plans really, just take it as it comes.

If you head east into Montana stay on I-90 until you get to the Bear Tooth Highway, south of Billings. Head south over the Bear Tooth Pass and down into Wyoming to Cody and stay in the Irma Hotel. A terrific trip with lots of great stuff to see and lots of photo ops. I did a similar trip back in '03 with my brother, by motorcycle. In the spring, Montana is simply beautiful.

Okay I will keep this in mind. About how many miles am I looking at?

Jan 06 23 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

I don't have any shoots planned but I'm sure I'll find something to do.
Your Montana trip sounds nice, good idea. Have fun!
I've never been there.

Jan 06 23 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

I've been doing 1 to 3 week photo shoots around the country especially in western states for over 30 years.  I've shot models in rural areas 17 states.  But now with non white models, I no longer feel safe traveling in rural areas in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, and Wyoming, not to mention the 11 terrorists southern states.  Time to just stay home.

Jan 08 23 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Photographer12years wrote:

Okay I will keep this in mind. About how many miles am I looking at?

About 850 miles from Everett to the Bear Tooth Pass.
When I was there, July 4, 2003, people were skiing.
The pass is over 11,000 feet.

Jan 08 23 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

- Phil H -

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom

I've four UK shoots lined up so far, for this year and am planning a two week road trip during the summer to take in the Netherlands, Germany and the Czech Republic.

I'm on another UK based model/photographer networking site and the sheer quality of the models currently working in the UK and Europe, is what's prompted the road trip planning.

Jan 08 23 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

A good bit of the waterfall and flower stuff and at least one model shoot. Summer can't come fast enough.

Jan 08 23 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

JohnTozziPhotography

Seattle, Washington, US

No specific plans.  It always depends on what I shoot.

Between April and October, most of my shoots are outdoors.  From October to April, they are mostly indoors.  It depends on the comfort of the model. 

There are some places that I like to shoot in that are a bit too far outside Seattle for regular use. One is Fort Worden in Port Townsend.  It was a military installation in the late 1800's.  It's like Disneyland to me.  I go there about once every 3 years to do a shoot  I think it's time to go again this summer.  All of my previous shoots there have been one person shoots.  I think this summer, I will try and bring a group of 4-5 and do some group stuff.  That's the only planned shoot.  The rest will happen organically depending on the person.

Jan 09 23 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have 8 cameras for photos and video underwater. I'm a certified diver and look forward to doing a lot of underwater themes. My breathholding and water skills are quite good, so I usually don't bother with dive tanks. I have lots of gowns and dresses that models can wear in the water. If there is anyone interested, ring me. BTW, I have a backdrop I can put into a pool.

Jan 09 23 11:53 am Link

Photographer

- Phil H -

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom

JohnTozziPhotography wrote:
No specific plans.  It always depends on what I shoot.

Between April and October, most of my shoots are outdoors.  From October to April, they are mostly indoors.  It depends on the comfort of the model. 

There are some places that I like to shoot in that are a bit too far outside Seattle for regular use. One is Fort Worden in Port Townsend.  It was a military installation in the late 1800's.  It's like Disneyland to me.  I go there about once every 3 years to do a shoot  I think it's time to go again this summer.  All of my previous shoots there have been one person shoots.  I think this summer, I will try and bring a group of 4-5 and do some group stuff.  That's the only planned shoot.  The rest will happen organically depending on the person.

I visited Fort Worden a few years back, very cool place, I've got family lives just across the water on Whidbey Island.

Jan 09 23 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Acraftman1313

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Namibia in July if covid travel restrictions have eased enough.

Jan 09 23 04:42 pm Link