Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Our time is limited! Don't waste it!

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

“I counted my years and found that I have less time to live from here on than I have lived up to now.

I feel like that child who won a packet of sweets: he ate the first with pleasure, but when he realized that there were few left, he began to enjoy them intensely.

I no longer have time for endless meetings where statutes, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be achieved.

I no longer have time to support the absurd people who, despite their chronological age, haven't grown up.
My time is too short:
I want the essence, my soul is in a hurry.
I don't have many sweets  in the package anymore.
I want to live next to human people, very human, who know how to laugh at their mistakes, and who are not inflated by their triumphs, and who take on their responsibilities.

Thus human dignity is defended and we move towards truth and honesty.
It is the essential that makes life worth living.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch hearts, people who have been taught by the hard blows of life to grow with gentle touches of the soul.

Yes, I'm in a hurry, I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity that only maturity can give.
I don't intend to waste any of the leftover sweets.
I am sure they will be delicious, much more than what I have eaten so far.

My goal is to reach the end satisfied
and at peace with my loved ones
and my conscience.
We have two lives.
And the second begins when you realize you only have one."

Mário Raul de Morais Andrade
(Oct 9, 1893 – Feb 25, 1945)
Brazilian poet, novelist, musicologist, art historian and critic, photographer

May 14 23 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

"Death is inevitable, living a life you are proud of is something you can control."
- Claire Wineland
(4/10/97 – 9/2/18)

Watch this and learn about Claire Wineland who was born with Cystic Fibrosis. She lived to 21 years. What she did in those 21 years is make a difference in the lives of so many people she will never know. We all shall die at some point in our lives. It does not matter how you die. It's how you live! Watch this documentary and you can thank me later. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfqtOTwUcKE

May 15 23 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Adventure Photos

Palos Park, Illinois, US

Very true about living life to the fullest. Time seems endless when we are young.   Somewhere in your 30's you should realize that you probably are now living less years than you already have. Once I realized this, (much later sadly), I tried to make the most of every day.   People who were still playing games, wasting time,  well sorry but I did not give them a return chance as I saw it as just more months down the drain and no progress being made.
    You'd think once a person was into their 50's, they'd be ready to commit to life's adventures, and not keep up the 'act' and game play with sincere, honest and concerned people.   Also I admit that I too, can become stubborn about what I know I like and what I want.   Too late to try and change me. Join in with my offers of fun in life, or go your own way.  The days are shorter and the chance of finding what we wish to find, are growing less likely to be there.   Don't waste time; yours or someone else's either.

May 19 23 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Adventure Photos wrote:
Very true about living life to the fullest. Time seems endless when we are young.   Somewhere in your 30's you should realize that you probably are now living less years than you already have. Once I realized this, (much later sadly), I tried to make the most of every day.   People who were still playing games, wasting time,  well sorry but I did not give them a return chance as I saw it as just more months down the drain and no progress being made.
    You'd think once a person was into their 50's, they'd be ready to commit to life's adventures, and not keep up the 'act' and game play with sincere, honest and concerned people.   Also I admit that I too, can become stubborn about what I know I like and what I want.   Too late to try and change me. Join in with my offers of fun in life, or go your own way.  The days are shorter and the chance of finding what we wish to find, are growing less likely to be there.   Don't waste time; yours or someone else's either.

Thank you!  I'm a fan of the late musician Warren Zevon. During a David Letterman appearance, upon being asked if Zevon had any advice for the rest of us, (now that he was aware of his own mortality), Zevon replied, "Enjoy Every Sandwich". May we all live life to its fullest as Zevon explained so well in this famous moment in television history.  I know you get it.

May 21 23 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Happy Memorial Day! 

It's a nice weekend for barbeques, family, and Indy car races, but it's a heck of a lot more than that!  It's a day of remembrance of those past. 

Instead of making a new post, I'm resurrecting this one that isn't really that old. The FACT life is precious is a good reminder to us of those who have died for our Freedom and Democracy.  It's great that we've got a long running thread about politics in this Off Topic section, as discussion is good to have, but let's never lose sight of why we have this freedom.  I hope it can help us see that we have more in common than not. Instead of dividing us, I wish it would unify us.  Imagine that?

May 29 23 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Happy Memorial Day! Rethinking the message by Andy Rooney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1s3zdDTdg
Maybe celebrating the people who died would be best done by trying to keep the children, the youth alive a bit longer? Maybe find ways to prevent wars? Maybe find solutions to prevent gun violence? 

Let's try to find ways to save lives.

On another note from a news announcement of 44 people shot, 9 killed in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXzUJQ6-yUw 

Don't take life for granted.  It can change in a minute!

May 29 23 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

We take our immortality as fact until we realize we aren't .
During Covid I decided to do more of the things that give me pleasure and lesson things that don't. So far it has worked well for me. I recommend it highly to others

May 30 23 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

Leonard Nimoy
@TheRealNimoy
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.

Some know him as Mr. Spock but his words of wisdom resonate. Last words of a dying man. I can only speak for myself but knowing how many have come before and after it is all but a mystery given a chance to live out life in a world with a new set of circumstances. I know for sure we are not alone.

Jun 02 23 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

LnN Studio wrote:
We take our immortality as fact until we realize we aren't .
During Covid I decided to do more of the things that give me pleasure and lesson things that don't. So far it has worked well for me. I recommend it highly to others

I understand!

Jun 05 23 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Angel House Portraits wrote:
Leonard Nimoy
@TheRealNimoy
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.

Some know him as Mr. Spock but his words of wisdom resonate. Last words of a dying man. I can only speak for myself but knowing how many have come before and after it is all but a mystery given a chance to live out life in a world with a new set of circumstances. I know for sure we are not alone.

Words of wisdom!

Jun 05 23 12:09 pm Link