Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The NEWEST Sports Illustrated swimsuit models is..

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

... probably the oldest

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/0uEmnEQbagPUEi_P4145gw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTIwNzI7aD0yNzAwO2NmPXdlYnA-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/insider_articles_922/688ea00eea94e7fb44904a7cdccd3178

Martha Stewart

May 15 23 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I've got to admit that Martha is quite attractive for her age .. she looks much younger.  Martha has modeled in the past many times, and she has even done time in prison which gives her street creed.  Now she is a cover model for SI Swimsuit edition!    big_smile

My favorite is and always will be Paulina Porizkova.  Martha Stewart has nothing on her!  Paulina did time married to a rock star who left her nothing when he died. It's her turn to return!

May 15 23 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I think it's great that she's a model for SI, however it's not really a very flattering photo of her.
On the other hand I've never thought of most SI photos being very spectacular and have always thought that many MM members shoot better.

May 16 23 08:51 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Looking great for being 81 years young!

May 16 23 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
I think it's great that she's a model for SI, however it's not really a very flattering photo of her.
On the other hand I've never thought of most SI photos being very spectacular and have always thought that many MM members shoot better.

On the cover image itself, I agree 100% with you that it is not as flattering as it could be.  There are photographers here that could do better with her.  I wonder about the location?  It looks like it could have been shot in a studio!

May 16 23 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Adventure Photos

Palos Park, Illinois, US

I think it's great that she is confident enough to post as such.  As for it being in SI, can't they stick to sports, athletes, and such?  Couldn't she have gone to Vanity Fair or other similar mags?     Plus I think in the last two weeks I've read of at least 12 'cover girls' for this special issue.  Do they make 'regional' covers or print out all 12 to get people to buy each repeat copy with the different models on cover?      Like ESPN mag did for their 'body' issue several times.   You could not find the 'cover girl' you wanted for sale in certain areas, neighborhoods, regions.   Sales were being based on the population of an area, thus copies you may have sought, were not available until you drove like 50 miles away.   Wonder how SI will be doing it?     I'd guess that Martha is going to be popular, as will be the stunning gymnast from LSU who is also a 'cover girl' from what they've released lately

May 19 23 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Al_Vee Photography

Asheville, North Carolina, US

She's a beautiful lady. Good for her.

In the past 5 or so years, we've gotten to see more older models, and models of different sizes and looks, represented in mainstream media.

It's all long overdue.

May 20 23 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Adventure Photos

Palos Park, Illinois, US

Al_Vee Photography wrote:
She's a beautiful lady. Good for her.

In the past 5 or so years, we've gotten to see more older models, and models of different sizes and looks, represented in mainstream media.

It's all long overdue.

And here too at MM. I've noticed in just the last year how many new models over 50 we have gained. I love to read the profiles as these women explain how life just took charge for years, and for whatever reason, the time was right to do now, what they had always wanted to do. Model.  And the self confidence, body acceptance of these new, mature women is fantastic.  I do enjoy finding more that came here primarily for boudoir and nude work, not to wear the latest fashions.    More power to them all.

May 20 23 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Adventure Photos wrote:

And here too at MM. I've noticed in just the last year how many new models over 50 we have gained. I love to read the profiles as these women explain how life just took charge for years, and for whatever reason, the time was right to do now, what they had always wanted to do. Model.  And the self confidence, body acceptance of these new, mature women is fantastic.  I do enjoy finding more that came here primarily for boudoir and nude work, not to wear the latest fashions.    More power to them all.

It's true!  There are many beautiful mature women on this website and also getting well deserved recognition in photography, movies, and music industries.  It's good to see.

May 29 23 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

JQuest wrote:
Looking great for being 81 years young!

LoL, with enough Catfish filters and AI and any one of us could look way better ghan Nartha!
John

Jun 13 23 11:51 pm Link