Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > When you troll a troll, you are also a troll

Photographer

MoRina

Neumayer - permanent station of Germany, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Grow the fuck up!

This is/was a website where people exchanged ideas and shared their work. The forums have descended into troll vs. troll, with the same group of lonely, bored old men posting jabs at each other or posting their political views in the echo chamber.

YOU have run off all the people for whom this site was intended to be useful.

Aug 04 23 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Aisbarika

Washington, District of Columbia, US

MoRina wrote:
Grow the fuck up!

This is/was a website where people exchanged ideas and shared their work. The forums have decended into troll vs. troll, with the same group of lonely, bored old men posting jabs at each other or posting their political views in the echo chamber.

I agree, and it is honestly disgusting.
But also we do have a lot of bitter women who can't help but spread their venom as well.

Aug 04 23 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

First about the trolling.  I was accused of trolling a model who trolled the very three posts that I had made!  I don't know how one can troll their on posts, but that is what happened. She commented on my posts, but I am the one creating "toxic positivity!"   So I did time in the brig.  The fact is that we are still "friends" and I owe her money.  She is no longer posting on the forums.  It was not my intention to sway models from posting.  I'm sorry.

The forums have become a shadow of what it used to be.  There are many reasons for this, but the most obvious is a lack of new members, especially models joining hurts this website.   While the long time members leaving for various reasons does not help either.  It's NOT the moderators job to promote this website. Marketing is NOT in their job description.   The addition of other social platforms for discussion and messaging is just one reason. 

Other reasons include the website not keeping up with the new social media sites.  The previously added categories to the forums that go for weeks, even months without any posts or comments.  The most surprising lack of activity for me is the MM Market which has not had a comment since Jun 16 23!  Not one commnet!  I know this because I was the last one to comment.  Another slow one is Hair, Makeup & Styling .. why it's surprising to me is that market places are usually popular, so popular in fact that Facebook created one. Maybe that's the problem?  Modelmayhem has not kept up with the times. 

Many of the formerly active members from the past are "friends" on Facebook and Instagram!  The Modelmayhem App was a disaster.  Only Fans is taking a huge portion of the models from this site, and guess what?  Only Fans does not really have an App.  Things are slowing down all over on social media except for the subject of politics.  Trumpism was like a huge vacuum that sucked all the air out of the room. I think we are about ready for the new big thing.

Aug 04 23 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

MoRina wrote:
Grow the fuck up!

This is/was a website where people exchanged ideas and shared their work. The forums have descended into troll vs. troll, with the same group of lonely, bored old men posting jabs at each other or posting their political views in the echo chamber.

This was in Site Related category of the forums when I commented, and now it's in Off Topic  I don't know what's going on???

And who are you referring to when saying "YOU have run off all the people for whom this site was intended to be useful.???

I see where a clone site of Only Fans is attempting to make the scene from South Africa!

Aug 04 23 07:46 pm Link

McGee

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Moderator Note!

Patrick Walberg wrote:
This was in Site Related category of the forums when I commented, and now it's in Off Topic  I don't know what's going on???

The thread had been moved to Site Related, when notified the OP was okay with that but felt OT would have been better.
An Admin agreed.

Aug 05 23 12:34 am Link