Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Politics Thread Theories - Just for Fun!

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

While we're waiting to find out what is happening to the Politics thread (various Trumpists have been trying to provoke MM into shutting down that rather "inconvenient" thread for a VERY long time), I thought we could have a little fun.  So that they're not the only ones celebrating / having some fun!

I'll get it started with my own, absolutely absurd and totally made up, theory...

Just for fun!

Sep 16 23 10:20 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

ELON MUSK HAS LOST SO MUCH MONEY as a result of turning Twitter into a right-wing extremist platform, that he's rounded up all the money that he has left and concluded that he could now afford to buy Model Mayhem.   Hah!

Sep 16 23 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

LightDreams wrote:
ELON MUSK HAS LOST SO MUCH MONEY as a result of turning Twitter into a right-wing extremist platform, that he's rounded up all the money that he has left and concluded that he could now afford to buy Model Mayhem.   Hah!

In this Age of the Billionaire Class, when a billionaire doesn't like something, they just buy it. And destroy it.

As far as the Politics thread goes, we will just have to wait until the MM Grand Jury unseals any indictments.

MAGAts might think shutting down the Politics thread a great victory over the libs, because they are too stupid to realize the target in their sights is actually their own foot.

Sep 16 23 10:47 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

My "alternate" (completely made up) theory...

Trump's financial advisers may have pointed out that Model Mayhem was more profitable than his "Truth Social"!!

Sep 16 23 10:54 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

A Saudi sheik wants to buy MM and ban all photographs of women showing more bare skin than just the woman's face.

Sep 16 23 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

How about that this is actually not a political forum, that thread (and the entire “Off topic” category) do absolutely no good for MM, create work for the mods that, again, does nothing good for MM?

Shut the whole damn thing down!

For all the millions of ones and zeros wasted on that thread, no one ever said “Ohmigawd, I see your point! “. 

All that accomplished  was to create a mental list for me of people I would never work with, or allow in my studio. Exactly the opposite of what a networking site should do.

Sep 16 23 11:09 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

rxz wrote:
A Saudi sheik wants to buy MM and ban all photographs of women showing more bare skin than just the woman's face.

... while keeping all the "banned" photos for his own collection!

Sep 16 23 11:11 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

LightDreams wrote:

Correction!  Elon Musk has come up with an entirely NEW scheme to replace all the advertising money he lost by restoring the accounts of neo-Nazi website founder Andrew Anglin and all those similar accounts...

He now wants to charge all Twitter (now "X") users a monthly subscription fee!   Yep, now they'll all be able to help out poor old Elon Musk so that he can continue with his crusade.

SO MAYBE, he can leave Model Mayhem alone, after all...!

Sep 18 23 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

For the record, I wasn't one who asked it be shut down. In fact, I messaged the mods and told them if they wanted to re-open it I'd bow out and let you guys have your liberal love-fest all to yourselves with no opposing viewpoints..

Sep 18 23 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

In the past, honest disagreements with reasonable discussion have rarely been a problem.  HOW someone (anyone) chooses to do it (yes, on all sides) has been another matter.  Plus, there have been repeated warnings in the past about certain types of claims (and when statements become unacceptable), plus reminders related to HOW people interact with each other, or in occasional cases (in the PAST) some repeated implied and/or directly stated threats about those that they disagree with.

IMPORTANT:  I DO NOT claim to have ANY inside MM knowledge of what the final trigger was in the CURRENT situation, its current status and/or whether a decision was made to permanently close the thread or not, or any possible actions being considered, or taken, against any members (including myself).  None at all.

Sep 18 23 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Arizona Shoots wrote:
For the record, I wasn't one who asked it be shut down. In fact, I messaged the mods and told them if they wanted to re-open it I'd bow out and let you guys have your liberal love-fest all to yourselves with no opposing viewpoints..

Very generous of you.

Who is the elected governor of Arizona?

Sep 18 23 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

And will they pose nude?

Sep 19 23 06:57 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Studio NSFW wrote:
And will they pose nude?

NO, please NO!  The LAST thing I want to see is nude politicians!!!

Sep 19 23 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Focuspuller wrote:
As far as the Politics thread goes, we will just have to wait until the MM Grand Jury unseals any indictments.

That may not happen.   Certain elements in Congress are trying to get the Mod team defunded first.

Sep 19 23 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Joe Tomasone wrote:

That may not happen.   Certain elements in Congress are trying to get the Mod team defunded first.

Never thought it could happen here.

Sep 19 23 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

LightDreams wrote:

NO, please NO!  The LAST thing I want to see is nude politicians!!!

But many ARE naked.

Sep 19 23 09:24 am Link