Forums > Model Colloquy > Model Matters Survivor Guide...

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Bambi Graves wrote:
i know i havent been that active on the forums but something that irritates me are these people that post a rant about a situation when they were obviously in the wrong and the cant understand why everyone is 'attacking' them as one girl put it.
Why post something, ask for an opinion and then go off crying when you didnt hear what you wanted.

It's because what they really wanted was someone to hold their hand and coddle them and say "there there sweetie, it's ok, we'll get that bad photographer, just you wait!"
In other words, those threads are bad attempts at attention whoring.

Mar 29 07 02:44 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Mar 29 07 02:48 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

MelissaLynnette-LaDiva wrote:

It's because what they really wanted was someone to hold their hand and coddle them and say "there there sweetie, it's ok, we'll get that bad photographer, just you wait!"
In other words, those threads are bad attempts at attention whoring.

it annoys me because if you are serious about modelling why on earth would you mention some of this stuff.
I am seriously worried about the lack of common sense of aspiring models. Newbies that think they will get paid straight away. I totally understand why you all get angry on here!

Mar 29 07 03:23 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

Mar 30 07 01:03 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

44 wink

Mar 30 07 11:48 pm Link

Model

Urban Goddess

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, US

BUMP! (I've made the breast forum mistake once....never again lol)

Mar 31 07 12:53 am Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

Urban Goddess wrote:
BUMP! (I've made the breast forum mistake once....never again lol)

if i didnt know what that was reference to it would have been abit worrying

Mar 31 07 02:22 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Hey ladies!!

BUMP!!!!!!

Mar 31 07 02:38 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

bump,
im determind not to let this thread disappear. smile

Mar 31 07 03:06 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

can i add,
people not 'outing' each other on the forums.

Mar 31 07 04:27 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

here's one to add:

- As a model, you do not own the copyright to the images a photographer takes of you. Unless they have given you the copyrights, in writing, which is very very rare for them to do. Even if you pay for the shoot, you do not own the copyrights. Just like if you go to the store and buy "Borat" on DVD you do not own the copyright to that movie. You have only bought a sort of "license/release" to use that one copy.

Edit: this applies to the USA, every country has different laws

Mar 31 07 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Staci Marie wrote:

lmfao that reminds me of the one chick wanting to knwo how to shave her vagina..

wtf?lol

a properly shapped carrot peeler can work wonders on that pesky internal fur... important to flush and vacuum afterward though, cause otherwise the damned stuff just takes root again.

Mar 31 07 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Jessalyn wrote:
here's one to add:

- As a model, you do not own the copyright to the images a photographer takes of you. Unless they have given you the copyrights, in writing, which is very very rare for them to do. Even if you pay for the shoot, you do not own the copyrights. Just like if you go to the store and buy "Borat" on DVD you do not own the copyright to that movie. You have only bought a sort of "license/release" to use that one copy.

modify to read in the USA. or just say you may not instead of do not. awareness of local laws is important. but true could just confuse... ok... nm...  what jessie said

Mar 31 07 04:34 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

oldguysrule wrote:

modify to read in the USA. or just say you may not instead of do not. awareness of local laws is important. but true could just confuse... ok... nm...  what jessie said

done, thanks big_smile

Mar 31 07 04:35 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

oldguysrule wrote:

a properly shapped carrot peeler can work wonders on that pesky internal fur... important to flush and vacuum afterward though, cause otherwise the damned stuff just takes root again.

LMAO ewwwwwwww i feel sick

Mar 31 07 04:35 pm Link

Model

Ka-lee Rae

Jessalyn wrote:
here's one to add:

Edit: this applies to the USA, every country has different laws

as far as i know it is the same in the UK

Mar 31 07 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

DWolfe Photo

Germantown, Maryland, US

oldguysrule wrote:

That was my favorite thread ever!  Until the day I die I will still get a stupid smile  on my face when I consider the acrobatics, logistics, and sensibility of shaving a vagina.  Adding a carrot peeler, a flush, and a vacuuming to it just demands that my wet/dry vac never be thought of the same way again.

BUMP to keep this USE THE SEARCH feature alive.

Mar 31 07 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Bambi Graves wrote:

as far as i know it is the same in the UK

there are substantial differences. check with studio36uk 18055.

Mar 31 07 04:42 pm Link

Model

Alex Davenport

Spokane, Missouri, US

BUMP BUMP BUMP...... The threads that are beating dead horses are driving me nutso!

Mar 31 07 10:23 pm Link

Model

Napally

Leeds, Alabama, US

Bumping this thread up so pay attention people!

Apr 01 07 03:21 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Thanks for the bumps.... and, the edits thank to Jess have been added.

Apr 01 07 04:05 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

bump

Apr 02 07 10:55 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Why on earth is this on the second page??

Apr 03 07 02:48 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

MelissaLynnette-LaDiva wrote:
Why on earth is this on the second page??

It's a travesty!!!!

Apr 04 07 10:11 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee no vote for me thread.

for the sake of Bert and Ernie's baby

https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RtuVmBRGGAsAammjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsNWJnbTFxBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2OF85MA--/SIG=12cio84cf/EXP=1175841301/**http%3A//www.davidclement.com/dc-graphics/BertInErnieC.jpg

Apr 05 07 01:34 am Link

Model

sofija

Boston, Massachusetts, US

fifi-
i think you should get MM model of the year SOLELY for your OP!!!
rock on sweetheart!!!!

Apr 05 07 01:39 am Link

Model

Jaesa

Sacramento, California, US

bump

Apr 05 07 02:51 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

L K wrote:
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee no vote for me thread.

for the sake of Bert and Ernie's baby

https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RtuVmBRGGAsAammjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsNWJnbTFxBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2OF85MA--/SIG=12cio84cf/EXP=1175841301/**http%3A//www.davidclement.com/dc-graphics/BertInErnieC.jpg

That's just WRONGGG!!!!
Lestari, you just destroyed all of my happy Sesame Street memories. hmm

Apr 05 07 03:05 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

How about people that insist that people don't post threads about things and use the search function instead? Why don't said people just stay out of these threads. Does it clog up their screens?  The search function does not provide live (as live as it can be) interaction which some people may be looking for...sometimes you just want to chat about something even though 1000 people before already did...if there was no interest in this chat then the thread would die anyway...Darwinism...

Apr 05 07 03:31 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

That's just WRONGGG!!!!
Lestari, you just destroyed all of my happy Sesame Street memories. hmm

lol

Apr 05 07 02:42 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

WTF?!

I only started this thread to help people out.... if you're going to be an ass about it... take it somewhere else!

Now, back to the topic at hand.... I hope this helps people. big_smile

Apr 05 07 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

How about not starting a thread to get back at someone and twist the facts and lie (ala photographer raped me of mind and body) because the thruth will eventually come out and you will be made to look like a real ass for starting the thread.

Apr 06 07 01:13 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
How about not starting a thread to get back at someone and twist the facts and lie (ala photographer raped me of mind and body) because the thruth will eventually come out and you will be made to look like a real ass for starting the thread.

That's sound advice!
Don't forget "Don't ask dumb-ass questions about shaving your coochie"

Apr 06 07 01:16 am Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Apr 09 07 02:06 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

bumptastic!

Apr 10 07 03:25 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

DOIN THE BUMP.....OW.... SEXY SEXY!!!!

Apr 13 07 06:47 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

yea so you officially ROCK Fifi!!!!!!!!!

Apr 13 07 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Elise Holland wrote:
I am tired of people referring me to newmodels.com.  No, it doesn't answer even 1 of my questions and I have read through the whole thing twice!!

What questions does it not answer? If you have one, then that just might be a worthy thread.

In all honesty, it answers most newbie's questions regarding the "industry" that are commonly asked much, much better than most posters in most threads have, and it debunks a lot of very, very common "industry" myths. Myths which many, many people on this forum seem to perpetuate regardless anyhow. I do really wish more people would read this and pay attention to it. It's a pretty good page.

Apr 13 07 09:11 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
What questions does it not answer? If you have one, then that just might be a worthy thread.

In all honesty, it answers most newbie's questions regarding the "industry" that are commonly asked much, much better than most posters in most threads have, and it debunks a lot of very, very common "industry" myths. Myths which many, many people on this forum seem to perpetuate regardless anyhow. I do really wish more people would read this and pay attention to it. It's a pretty good page.

very much so agreed!!! wait...is this my 1000 post???? do i get my t-shirt!!!!!!!

EDIT: i am such a good guesser!!!!!!! i looked after i posted this and it is 1000 on the dot!!!!! TSHIRT TIME!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!

Apr 13 07 09:15 pm Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

Bump.

Apr 17 07 12:03 pm Link