Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Central Florida Chit Chat Number One...

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...other than being 200 degrees in the shade, of course. Howdy peeps...

Jun 29 21 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...other than being 200 degrees in the shade, of course. Howdy peeps...

So a sunset shoot by a body of water where you can jump in after sounds like good strategy smile

Jun 29 21 11:49 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

Could be worse Mr K, look at the northwest, and they don't even know what AC means  .  .  .  wink  Hope all is well!

SOS

Jun 29 21 01:03 pm Link

Model

LadyOrias

Tampa, Florida, US

I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July!

Jul 05 21 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:

So a sunset shoot by a body of water where you can jump in after sounds like good strategy smile

Yep that's pretty much the daily game plan around here smile

Jul 06 21 08:49 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

Yep that's pretty much the daily game plan around here smile

Just got a few pix from my buddy down in KW, looks like the water's gonna jump on them  .  .  .  and the sunset on Mallory Square was a bit gloomy yesterday  .  .  .  hope you guys fare better as the storm passes  .  .  .  take good care!

SOS

Jul 06 21 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
hope you guys fare better as the storm passes  .  .  .  take good care!

SOS

Yep, storm was nothing but a breeze and a few sprinkles...but this damn red tide combined with the polluted runoff is kickin our behinds, man...

Jul 19 21 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

Yep, storm was nothing but a breeze and a few sprinkles...but this damn red tide combined with the polluted runoff is kickin our behinds, man...

That stinks, probably literally  .  .  .  hope it doesn't last as long as it has in years past, the fish kills have been horrific  .  .  .  headed to da islands (hopefully) in a few weeks for my BDay, yep, sadly it's a BIG one  .  .  .  who knew I'd make it this far, thank goodness for replaceable parts, and the docs that put 'em in  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 20 21 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

That stinks, probably literally  .  .  .  hope it doesn't last as long as it has in years past, the fish kills have been horrific  .  .  .  headed to da islands (hopefully) in a few weeks for my BDay, yep, sadly it's a BIG one  .  .  .  who knew I'd make it this far, thank goodness for replaceable parts, and the docs that put 'em in  .  .  .

SOS

Well, Happy Birthday early, SOS. Hope you do get out to the islands for the celebration.

I just had number 75. Can ya top that?

Jul 20 21 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Well, Happy Birthday early, SOS. Hope you do get out to the islands for the celebration.

Thanks FL, we'll see how things are in a week or so, if Captain Joe was still around, he'd have the boat fueled up and pointed east already  .  .  .  75, can't quite top that, but ifin ya change the "5" to a "0", I'm right there with ya  .  .  .  is there a secret handshake, or nod fer we seventy sumethins soz we can sneak stuff by the youngsters  .  .  .  wink  I usually jest act like I kain't hear 'em  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 22 21 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I got those same two numbers Frank, just mine are reversed....but feeling like im way past it somedays.

Yep, have a fun one SOS...I'm headed to the Keys last week of Aug, little sis has never been and wants to take the boat ride out to see the Fort. Then spend a week driving back up, hitting every tiki bar on the way smile

Jul 22 21 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Nope. No secret handshake or a Bat Signal. Just a wink and thumb your nose like they did in The Sting. In other words the con is on them younglings. Now, for a stogie and some whiskey -- in my dreams.

Mr. K., it's appropriate and compulsory that you buy a round for us septuagenarians.

Jul 22 21 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
I got those same two numbers Frank, just mine are reversed....but feeling like im way past it somedays.

Yep, have a fun one SOS...I'm headed to the Keys last week of Aug, little sis has never been and wants to take the boat ride out to see the Fort. Then spend a week driving back up, hitting every tiki bar on the way smile

Actually the guy who owns one of the boat companies that goes out to the DT's (great name  .  .  .  ) is an SCS krewe member, as are the owners of a bunch of bars in KW, you guys should do the "Joe" krawl, I think there's 9 bars total in KW that have Capt. Joe SCS plaques up, ranging from The Green Parrot, to Capt. Tony's, to The Bottle Cap, Schooner Wharf, The Whistle (ya have ta ask to see it there, it's hidden behind the bar), the Marquessa, Berlin's atop A&T and a few others I rarely remember  .  .  .  things got hazy sometimes down there  .  .  .  wink  Bobby's place on Stock Island, The Hogfish has one, as do several places all the way up the Keys to Miami, Bud & Mary's, The No Name Pub on Big Pine Key and a few more  .  .  .  you guys are gonna have ta rest up ta hit 'em all  .  .  .  sounds like your sister may need to become a krewe member as well, as an "official" member yourself, you can recommend new members  .  .  .  hint, hint!  You guys have a great time, that drive is one of my favorites  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 23 21 05:38 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Nnnnnnuuuuuttttttzzzzz, da islands is a no go, jest found out my "secret spot" has a bad outbreak  .  .  .  geeeeeeezzzzz!

SOS

Jul 28 21 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
Nnnnnnuuuuuttttttzzzzz, da islands is a no go, jest found out my "secret spot" has a bad outbreak  .  .  .  geeeeeeezzzzz!

SOS

oh that sucks...sorry to hear, sir...

Aug 03 21 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

SOS

Damn. Too bad.

Aug 03 21 08:35 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

oh that sucks...sorry to hear, sir...

Not all is lost, I spoke to Capt. Joe's brother (a long time attorney in Key West), seems one o' Joe's boats is docked at Schooner Wharf, and unoccupied for most of the month, so I'm headed down ta "occupy" it fer awhile ta celebrate me BDay  .  .  .  I hope Capt. Tony's and the Green Parrot (et al.  .  .  .  ) are fully stocked with my favorite libations (of course, at my advanced age, probably jest a passing whiff will knock me out  .  .  .  )  .  .  .  maybe a short sea trip out to the Marquesas for some fishin' with Capt. Tony Murphy could be in order as well  .  .  .  Mayor Teri (also an SCS krewe membre) has promised me not ta shut the city down for at least a week or so  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Aug 03 21 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Frank, you are still a couple years behind me!

Aug 09 21 07:35 pm Link

Model

Bonita Bannock

Tampa, Florida, US

Hello all I will be in the Orlando, FL area today and tomorrow.  I have room for a shoot tomorrow, lets create some art!  I love the beauty of the creative mind!  Always open to new ideals.

Aug 18 21 06:55 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Bonita Bannock wrote:
Hello all I will be in the Orlando, FL area today and tomorrow.  I have room for a shoot tomorrow, lets create some art!  I love the beauty of the creative mind!  Always open to new ideals.

Watcha got in mind Miss B  .  .  .  I'm full o' creative ideas since I escaped ta KW last week  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Aug 19 21 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Ten days since previous post... 
Shoot something or post something.
https://flic.kr/p/2jXnds1

I don't see a way in Flicker to get the info needed to insert an image using the square bracket img tags.

Where is a good place to stash a photo to be included here?

Aug 29 21 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Sadly lost yet another good friend to Covid  .  .  .  Gary Richardson was a native Bahamian, he'd spent his whole life in Hopetown, Abaco, was married to his lovely wife Robinette and had five wonderful kids  .  .  .  he was diagnosed less than a month ago, was airlifted to Nassau, and then to St. Augustine for more intense treatment, he passed early Sunday morning  .  .  .  I've known Gary for over thirty years, met him when he was just a teenager, tough to see him gone so soon  .  .  . 

SOS

Sep 14 21 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Very sorry to hear, SOS...so many heartbreaking losses to this

Sep 16 21 10:51 am Link

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

Well, I'm battling COVID. and I got vaccinated in June so it is a bit of a surprise to me. Thankfully, my symptoms are very mild.

At least I get a two week paid vacation from work for it.

Sep 30 21 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Sheesh... October 31, and this is first post of October? And I'm not even including a picture?

What is the world coming to....

Oct 31 21 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
Sheesh... October 31, and this is first post of October? And I'm not even including a picture?

Easy does it, Charlie. I'll have a post in the morning for the first one for November. Maybe I'll be able to post that the Atlanta Braves won the 2021 World Series.

Oct 31 21 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Easy does it, Charlie. I'll have a post in the morning for the first one for November. Maybe I'll be able to post that the Atlanta Braves won the 2021 World Series.

Try again tonight FL  .  .  .  may the spirit of #44 get 'em across the finish line  .  .  .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-OgesPrlE_tOfLS2EcDBJvhmMcxPLpdWi8APtCeIJsTRameN_F_XFkMbGOw&s

SOS

Nov 02 21 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:

Well, jest ta make da woild mo betta  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/160601/07/574eeba35c3c8.jpg

.  .  .  seein' MLC should help at least some  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 02 21 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Well, SOS, the Atlanta Braves just won the 2021 World Series!

Nov 02 21 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Well, SOS, the Atlanta Braves just won the 2021 World Series!

Yep, young Mr. Fried had quite the night  .  .  .  the spiking and the bad call really lit a fire under him, great stuff!

SOS

Nov 03 21 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Yep, young Mr. Fried had quite the night  .  .  .  the spiking and the bad call really lit a fire under him, great stuff!

SOS

Both teams played excellent defensive baseball.

Now we have to wait until March for Spring Training.

Nov 03 21 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Howdy peeps....hope the holidays are treating you fine folks well. Busy and hectic with photo work here in Tampa...which is way better than the abyss of last year.

Best wishes to all smile

Dec 09 21 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
Howdy peeps....hope the holidays are treating you fine folks well. Busy and hectic with photo work here in Tampa...which is way better than the abyss of last year.

Best wishes to all smile

Hey Mr. K, sounds like yer goin' full blast, good for you!  I spent a few nights over near St. Pete Beach last week, got some really nice sunsets  .  .  .  no wonder all the really important SCS krewe members hide out over that a way, spectacular  .  .  .  wink  Hope Santa is good to you and yours  .  .  .

SOS

Dec 14 21 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I've been here since December 20, 2005.

Dec 20 21 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I've been here since December 20, 2005.

Soooooooooooooo, yer "real" age is 16 FL  .  .  .  wink  Does that mean ya kin drive and all that stuff now  .  .  .  happy MM BDay!

https://i2.wp.com/roughstrength.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Kim-Kardashian-birthday-cake.jpg?resize=220%2C300

SOS

Dec 21 21 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Wife and I are planning to move to Venice early 22. It is just time to lighten up our base. 55+ community with all the trimmings. I have no idea yet what I might be trying for a work space. Ill figure it out in time. I'm more studio guy than location, that said Ill definitely be trying to improve my beach techniques as best I can here and there.

I am to much of a Florida newb to know if Venice counts as central or not. Perhaps a little south western?

Dec 21 21 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Randy Poe wrote:
Wife and I are planning to move to Venice early 22. It is just time to lighten up our base. 55+ community with all the trimmings. I have no idea yet what I might be trying for a work space. Ill figure it out in time. I'm more studio guy than location, that said Ill definitely be trying to improve my beach techniques as best I can here and there.

I am to much of a Florida newb to know if Venice counts as central or not. Perhaps a little south western?

Most people would likely consider that Central FL.  SWFL starts around Fort Myers or so. 

Merry/Happy to all!

Dec 23 21 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Checking in from Tampa...kicking the tumbleweeds away...

Feb 01 22 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Here's a can of Raid to get rid of the roaches and crickets.
https://www.cvs.com/bizcontent/merchandising/productimages/large/46500117176_3.jpg

Feb 01 22 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
Checking in from Tampa...kicking the tumbleweeds away...

Speakin' a tumbleweeds, got ta see my buddy in concert at the King Center Sunday night  .  .  .  DK's still as twangy as ever, put on a great show  .  .  .  haven't seen him in almost two years, glad he let me know he was out and about  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 02 22 12:25 pm Link