Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Central Florida Chit Chat Number One...

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

DK? If ya had said "JB", I'da known you meant Junior Brown.

https://youtu.be/DMTqgP5iGx0

Feb 03 22 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
DK? If ya had said "JB", I'da known you meant Junior Brown.

https://youtu.be/DMTqgP5iGx0

My electronic ineptitude knows no bounds, I meant "DY"  .  .  .  he played over at the King Center and sent me a back stage pass ta come on over and watch him blast 'em out  .  .  .  the boy's (well, maybe not "boy", he's 65  .  .  .  geeeeeeezzzzzzzz, I'm old, I've known him since he was 25  .  .  .  ) still got it, he played all his hits, and a buncha new stuff as well, hit the stage at @7 and was still crankin' at 10:30  .  .  .  had a great time, got to catch up some too, he just had a son  .  .  .  we both got a giggle outta that, just as his new son gets outta diapers D will probably be a needin' 'em  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 08 22 05:20 am Link

Model

Zura

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Wow I like how this thread has been going since 2014!
Kudos to you for starting it, & also making a safe place to just chat about whatever.

Feb 09 22 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Zura Moonleaf wrote:
Kudos to you for starting it, & also making a safe place to just chat about whatever.

New people are always welcome. New faces and new ideas always keep this thread fresh. Welcome aboard, Zura!

Feb 11 22 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Zura Moonleaf wrote:

Welcome to one of the best of the forum threads.

Looking through your portfolio makes me want to take a road trip!

Feb 16 22 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

OKAY, Okay, OK, ok  .  .  .  I've gone completely brain dead  .  .  .  again  .  .  .  how do you post a nude image in the forum so it doesn't show the image, only the ID line  .  .  .  I can't figure out how to add the "18+" designation  .  .  .  good lord, getting old is tough  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 17 22 05:26 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
OKAY, Okay, OK, ok  .  .  .  I've gone completely brain dead  .  .  .  again  .  .  .  how do you post a nude image in the forum so it doesn't show the image, only the ID line  .  .  .  I can't figure out how to add the "18+" designation  .  .  .  good lord, getting old is tough  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Posting the link to an 18+ image? Not sure. Maybe this: The raw link under the image in your portfolio. Let's see.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/47092759     18+

Yep, use the raw link and you can make it happen.

BTW: Ya ain't brain-dead, as far as I can tell. As we both know, gettin' old ain't for the timid or the weak. Getting here has taken a lot of work and that work isn't done yet. So there!

Feb 17 22 07:43 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Posting the link to an 18+ image? Not sure. Maybe this: The raw link under the image in your portfolio. Let's see.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/47092759     18+

Yep, use the raw link and you can make it happen.

BTW: Ya ain't brain-dead, as far as I can tell. As we both know, gettin' old ain't for the timid or the weak. Getting here has taken a lot of work and that work isn't done yet. So there!

Thanks FL, sometimes me haid jest goes kinda blank  .  .  .  I find myself staring aimlessly out do winda, except the danged blinds is closed  .  .  .  wink  I've been using Lily as my therapy dawg  .  .  .  BIG mistake, she has an even shorter attention span than I do  .  .  .  got to shoot with a newly minted model last week, first non work shoot in almost two years, Miss A  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/2 … 830f66.jpg 18+

.  .  .  was a joy to work with, reminded me why I enjoy shooting as much as I do  .  .  .

SOS

Feb 17 22 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Thanks FL, sometimes me haid jest goes kinda blank  .  .  .  I find myself staring aimlessly out do winda, except the danged blinds is closed  .  .  .  wink  I've been using Lily as my therapy dawg  .  .  .  BIG mistake, she has an even shorter attention span than I do  .  .  .  got to shoot with a newly minted model last week, first non work shoot in almost two years, Miss A  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/2 … 830f66.jpg 18+

.  .  .  was a joy to work with, reminded me why I enjoy shooting as much as I do  .  .  .

SOS

Yeah, I've read her profile and I've seen her Instagram. I'll have to message her before sweltering summer gets here.

Feb 17 22 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Yeah, I've read her profile and I've seen her Instagram. I'll have to message her before sweltering summer gets here.

You won't be disappointed, she really enjoys shooting and it shows in the final images  .  .  .  great to work with!

SOS

Feb 18 22 12:41 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Alright, so who here is ready to start their spring garden? I think we should be in the clear now.

Feb 18 22 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Craiger

Lakeland, Florida, US

FRANK !!!!!!!
What'cha been up to lately????????

Feb 28 22 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Thank goodness there's still some BW to be had  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/2 … b89ae7.jpg 18+

.  .  .  Miss A brought quite a few smiles (and hoots  .  .  .  and whistles  .  .  .  and proposals  .  .  .  ) as we shot our way 'round Daytona  .  .  .  the owner of this sled said he and his wife jest love ridin'  .  .  .  and "no" he's not gonna show her how great their bike looks in pix (at least not this pic)  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Mar 08 22 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
Thank goodness there's still some BW to be had  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/2 … b89ae7.jpg 18+

.  .  .  Miss A brought quite a few smiles (and hoots  .  .  .  and whistles  .  .  .  and proposals  .  .  .  ) as we shot our way 'round Daytona  .  .  .  the owner of this sled said he and his wife jest love ridin'  .  .  .  and "no" he's not gonna show her how great their bike looks in pix (at least not this pic)  .  .  .  wink

SOS

We've been past that gas station dozens of times but never stopped in. Too bad.
Great photo, SOS. Not being a surf photo, I didn't recognize it as one of yours.

Mar 08 22 07:15 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Great photo, SOS. Not being a surf photo, I didn't recognize it as one of yours.

Yeah, since Crook's Den "mysteriously" burned to the danged ground a few years back, this place makes a good start to a trek down Main Street  .  .  .  Miss A kinda works for anything ya wanna shoot, this is jest a quick edit, got some with a Royal Enfield that really turned out nice  .  .  .  hmmmmmmmmm, maybe some SK8 next  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Mar 08 22 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Here's another of Miss A astride a gleaming aqua coloured sled  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/220308/12/6227c3c5a0417.jpg

.  .  .  never seen so many guys wantin' ta git their bike's shot afore  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Mar 09 22 07:02 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Here's another of Miss A astride a gleaming aqua coloured sled  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/220308/12/6227c3c5a0417.jpg

.  .  .  never seen so many guys wantin' ta git their bike's shot afore  .  .  .  wink

SOS

You're causing me to lust for another motorcycle!

Mar 09 22 07:52 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

You're causing me to lust for another motorcycle!

I'm not sure if Miss A comes with the bike, or perhaps it's the other way 'round  .  .  .  you'll havta ask your friendly neighborhood Harley dealer FL  .  .  .  wink  Really had a great time "guerilla shootin'" around BW with Miss A, she's fearless, and full of energy and attitude  .  .  . 

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/220308/12/6227c3bef094b.jpg

.  .  .  I jest wanna know why the danged shooter of this pic hadta git all them danged wires in the shot  .  .  .  what is he, blind or don't know how ta use PS  .  .  .  ggggeeeeeeezzzzzzz  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Mar 09 22 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
.  .  .  I jest wanna know why the danged shooter of this pic hadta git all them danged wires in the shot  .  .  .  what is he, blind or don't know how ta use PS  .  .  .  ggggeeeeeeezzzzzzz  .  .  .  wink

SOS

I'm glad you brought it up instead of me smile

Mar 28 22 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Although, the leading lines are pretty danged symmetrical, I'd roll with it as-is...especially with that lovely navigator

Mar 28 22 10:46 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
Although, the leading lines are pretty danged symmetrical, I'd roll with it as-is...especially with that lovely navigator

Yep, having Miss A in the frame makes up for a lot of my screw ups  .  .  .  but, I'm old, so it's okay  .  .  .  wink  She puts me to mind of MLC, another beautiful blonde muse, who always looked great in every image, no matter how inept I (errrrrrrr, I mean the photographer  .  .  .  ) was  .  .  .  gggggeeeeeezzzzz, who knew shootin' with great models would be this much pressure  .  .  .  it's nerve rackin'  .  .  .  wink

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/220204/11/61fd8325b1e9b.jpg

She don't have a bad angle  .  .  .

SOS

Mar 28 22 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Good news!  Key West is alive and well  .  .  .  sailed a buddy's boat down from Charleston with his sons in tow (tryin' ta learn 'em how ta blue water sail), then holed up fer about a week in one of my favorite spots, the Marquesa at the corner of Simonton and Fleming  .  .  .  weather was great, the food was great, the rhum was great, and it was "pirate week", who could ask for anything mo' better  .  .  .  I looted, pillaged and the like into the wee hours, I think I almost made it to 9pm once or twice  .  .  .  ain't gettin' old grand  .  .  .  wink

SOS

May 03 22 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

My first visit to Florida was for a business meeting over 40 years ago.  Over the years I've lost track of how many times I've been to Florida for meetings, conferences, or switched planes in Miami for vacations in the Caribbean.  But I've never actually vacationed in Florida.  Something with the bugs and the climate.  OK, the Caribbean islands have some HUGE spiders, and the waters have more sharks.  Now that I'm retired, its governor bozo that's keeping me away.  For the locals, what's really going on between bozo and disney?

May 04 22 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

rxz wrote:
My first visit to Florida was for a business meeting over 40 years ago.  Over the years I've lost track of how many times I've been to Florida for meetings, conferences, or switched planes in Miami for vacations in the Caribbean.  But I've never actually vacationed in Florida.  Something with the bugs and the climate.  OK, the Caribbean islands have some HUGE spiders, and the waters have more sharks.  Now that I'm retired, its governor bozo that's keeping me away.  For the locals, what's really going on between bozo and disney?

What's that sayin' about not pokin' the bear  .  .  .  I'm thinkin' pokin' the mouse is gonna be jest as bad  .  .  .  Mickey is all lawyered up and lookin' fer a fight  .  .  .  and, guess who the eventual losers are gonna be, the Florida taxpayers and the future visitors to da park  .  .  .  hey, somebody's gotta pay fer all the fun that's a comin'  .  .  .  wink  Plus I've heard a rumor that THIS guy  .  .  .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd8pZuHMU79NUsf7z_EfmRuQjLZG2pCFGt8LFF7IZ_y5SQXuhHt5rWqAXe9_Q&s

.  .  .  may be a comin' ta reinforce Mickey  .  .  .  wink

SOS

May 05 22 04:59 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

And now for something completely different....

wassup, my dudes?

Jul 20 22 11:27 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
And now for something completely different....

wassup, my dudes?

I misread this  .  .  .  I thought ya said "washed up"  .  .  .  I know I'm old as dirt, but I thought that seemed a bit harsh  .  .  .  wink  Hope all is well Mr K  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 22 22 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

I misread this  .  .  .  I thought ya said "washed up"  .  .  .  I know I'm old as dirt, but I thought that seemed a bit harsh  .  .  .  wink  Hope all is well Mr K  .  .  .

SOS

Same here, Koryo. Hope all is well.

BTW: Dirt calls me "dad."

Jul 22 22 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I know y'all was tryna let this die...sorry smile

Aug 29 22 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
I know y'all was tryna let this die...sorry smile

NEVER! Never say die.

Aug 29 22 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

NEVER! Never say die.

Alrighty, then I'll do my part to be sociable when I can smile

Sep 06 22 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

I Just got here, hopefully there is a little more to go, or I'll perhaps I can help clean up if not.

Sep 07 22 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

Alrighty, then I'll do my part to be sociable when I can smile

OKAY, OK, Okay, okay, ok  .  .  .  I'll come outta my cave at least once a month and talk nice  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 08 22 05:18 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
OKAY, OK, Okay, okay, ok  .  .  .  I'll come outta my cave at least once a month and talk nice  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Or you could invite all of us into the cozy confines of your cave to share an ice cold adult beverage.
Just a thought.

Sep 08 22 07:38 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Or you could invite all of us into the cozy confines of your cave to share an ice cold adult beverage.
Just a thought.

Unfortunately, Lily (the new queen of the yard) has an uncontrollable gas problem  .  .  .  we're working on harnessing it in a new methane gas energy system, but she refuses to wear da tube attachment for her butt all the danged time  .  .  .  there's always sumthin' gettin' the way of progress  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 08 22 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Yeah, nothing burns your eyes like a dog fart. Our cute chihuahua, Sassy, releases gas that will blister paint.

Sep 08 22 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Yeah, nothing burns your eyes like a dog fart. Our cute chihuahua, Sassy, releases gas that will blister paint.

Yeah, "cute" wears off real fast when yer eyes iz waterin' so bad ya kain't see no mo'  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 12 22 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

NEVER! Never say die.

Sometimes one has to use that word...

My current favorite sentence using it is
"I did not die the day I had a heart attack"
August 11 was not a great day - it started out okay,  I was doing some work repairing some rotted wood in the ol' Single Wide when my chest and back started hurting.
Took an aspirin and had wife tote me to hospital.
Twenty minutes after walking into the ER door, I was in Cath lab being prepped for angioplasty to insert a stent into the big LAD artery on front of heart. Apparently some sludge and friends had gotten together and fully blocked that kinda important method of delivering blood to the muscle.

Advice to all you youngsters:
1) get your cholesterol and triglycerides under control
2) know the symptoms and pay attention to them
3) enjoy each day - tomorrow is always a maybe, not a certainty.

I don't yet know how much permanent damage was done, but overall I feel pretty good and we hope mostly full recovery will take place.

I also now have a handful of pills to take each morning and evening.

Sep 19 22 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

As an indicator of how dead MM is these days, we went more than a month with no comment and only dropped to 15th place on the list.
Back then/when, the chit chat would be off of page one within a day without activity. 

The hypnotic nature of FB and IG has sucked the life and ambition out of so many souls...

Oct 20 22 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
As an indicator of how dead MM is these days, we went more than a month with no comment and only dropped to 15th place on the list.
Back then/when, the chit chat would be off of page one within a day without activity. 

The hypnotic nature of FB and IG has sucked the life and ambition out of so many souls...

Naaaahhh, I ain't that easily hypnotized CH, I have the attention span of an ant!  I jest keep gettin' brigged cause my entries for the POTD contests either show too much for the regular version, or not enough for the 18+ version  .  .  .  geeeeeeezzzzz, whatever happened ta "participation awards" fer tryin'  .  .  .  wink. Howsabout we all jest hit the waves with the lovely blonde surfin' goddess pictured below  .  .  .  wink.  Nope, cain't even figure how ta do that right  .  .  .  I'm headed back ta my cave!

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140325/09/5331a9f17c164.jpg

SOS

Oct 26 22 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

As always, that's some beautiful work, sir....

Oct 27 22 10:59 pm Link