Forums > Model Colloquy > Why do short models insist of doin Runway?

Model

Bianca Daisy

London, England, United Kingdom

Who cares ,people can do what they want who the hell are you to stop them?

May 31 07 05:42 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

May 31 07 05:42 am Link

Model

Napally

Leeds, Alabama, US

Bianca wrote:

But that just isn't the attitude of the fashion industry! They can't do what they want! Yes, there have been exceptions but that isn't the rule.

And can you imagine the catwalk if they chose a mixture of models of different heights? It would look absolutely rediculous.

I think every model is entitled to have dreams but just don't get disappointed if they don't work out.

May 31 07 05:46 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

Napally wrote:
But that just isn't the attitude of the fashion industry! They can't do what they want! Yes, there have been exceptions but that isn't the rule.

And can you imagine the catwalk if they chose a mixture of models of different heights? It would look absolutely rediculous.

I think every model is entitled to have dreams but just don't get disappointed if they don't work out.

Why not everyone in the world is diffrent heights ?

May 31 07 05:49 am Link

Model

Napally

Leeds, Alabama, US

But in all ethnic groups, there will be a tall slim girl who is more suited to high-fashion. They are going to choose that tall model who fits the clothing and the mold of a model rather than choosing a short model who would just stand out for all the wrong reasons.

Models on catwalks are human clothing-hangers. They've got to be tall so everyone in the room can see them. They've got to be slim as material can cost a hell of a lot.

The fashion industry simply isn't going to change the standards anytime soon.

May 31 07 05:54 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

Napally wrote:
But in all ethnic groups, there will be a tall slim girl who is more suited to high-fashion. They are going to choose that tall model who fits the clothing and the mold of a model rather than choosing a short model who would just stand out for all the wrong reasons.

Models on catwalks are human clothing-hangers. They've got to be tall so everyone in the room can see them. They've got to be slim as material can cost a hell of a lot.

The fashion industry simply isn't going to change the standards anytime soon.

Im 5'7 and slim clothes seem to fit me ok

May 31 07 05:55 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

Take a look at my friend Giselle FASHION MODEL, not very tall but she rocks it.
https://modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=33226

May 31 07 05:58 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Bianca wrote:

Why not everyone in the world is diffrent heights ?

Most people in the world can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Should we have bad singers putting out records because it's fair and representative of the population?

May 31 07 06:00 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

PYPI wrote:
Most people in the world can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Should we have bad singers putting out records because it's fair and representative of the population?

That totaly irelavant

May 31 07 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Bianca wrote:

Giselle? I dont think she is trying to walk down NY runways..thats one reason she works a lot..she knows her market... Giselle=smart model

Be like Giselle..be smart..keep it real and market yourself where YOUR WORK IS.

PERIOD...Or you can try to make the fashion world conform to your will..Good luck with that.

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Bianca wrote:

That totaly irelevant

Not to the thread it isnt..YOU DID READ THE ENTIRE THREAD RIGHT?

Model

Napally

Leeds, Alabama, US

Bianca wrote:

Yes, she is beautiful but we are talking about the catwalk, not general modelling. I don't understand what this has got to do with the topic on hand.

May 31 07 06:03 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Bianca wrote:

That would be to the point if she was rocking it on the runway for a major label but that has not happened and will not happen.

May 31 07 06:04 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

Vance wrote:

Not to the thread it isnt..YOU DID READ THE ENTIRE THREAD RIGHT?

Yes i did read the the tread, but people are making comparisons that are not needed waht has siging got to do with modelling? I didnt say anything about Giselle's sucess i was stating that he is short but still is a brilliant fashion model.

May 31 07 06:05 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Bianca wrote:

That totaly irelavant

Irrelevant? How's this for relevant?
https://images21.fotki.com/v839/photos/1/156060/4923150/overyourhead1-vi.jpg

May 31 07 06:06 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

PYPI wrote:

Irrelevant? How's this for relevant?
https://images21.fotki.com/v839/photos/1/156060/4923150/overyourhead1-vi.jpg

lol

May 31 07 06:07 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Bianca wrote:

Yes i did read the the tread, but people are making comparisons that are not needed waht has siging got to do with modelling? I didnt say anything about Giselle's sucess i was stating that he is short but still is a brilliant fashion model.

Ten you really didnt read the thread...We are not talking about signing...we are talking about runway..

You told a fib.... you didnt read the thread..bad model..bad model...

May 31 07 06:07 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

Vance wrote:
Ten you really didnt read the thread...We are not talking about signing...we are talking about runway..

You told a fib.... you didnt read the thread..bad model..bad model...

Yes i did read it, you were making comparisons between this and siging, sorry not you somone further up. i apologise

May 31 07 06:12 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

PYPI wrote:

May 31 07 06:13 am Link

Photographer

BadunkaDunk

New Jersey, New Brunswick, Canada

Bianca wrote:

last time i checked she isnt doing runway and what print work has she done for fashion in magazines for clothing??... by herself its a slight posibility with other models no... her height would show substantially...

May 31 07 06:14 am Link

Model

Bianca Daisy

blah blah blah, sorry i fell asleep.bye

May 31 07 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

wow, kicking the dead horse again i see.

May 31 07 06:18 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bianca wrote:

What agency is your friend Giselle signed to?  What major fashion shows has she done?  what major campaigns has she scored?

May 31 07 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Ransom-The Cheese-J wrote:

What agency is your friend Giselle signed to?  What major fashion shows has she done?  what major campaigns has she scored?

I think that Giselle is an independant model.  Never heard of her signing with an agency or anything.  If she is with one it's a small one. Not a major one.

May 31 07 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

I think that Giselle is an independant model.  Never heard of her signing with an agency or anything.  If she is with one it's a small one. Not a major one.

Hence the point.  Giselle is a great model with a great port but she's not a fashion model, she's a model that takes fashion pictures.

May 31 07 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Bianca wrote:
blah blah blah, sorry i fell asleep.bye

Best call....good choice..

sweet dreams

May 31 07 06:27 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

JRoyM wrote:

last time i checked she isnt doing runway and what print work has she done for fashion in magazines for clothing??... by herself its a slight posibility with other models no... her height would show substantially...

Don't know, her height actually already shows from her build, you can tell she's pretty short.  No major name would have her in their ads unless she was pretty famous.

May 31 07 06:27 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Hence the point.  Giselle is a great model with a great port but she's not a fashion model, she's a model that takes fashion pictures.

Exactly.  She's a good model with a nice port but she's much too short to do real fashion modeling so she just has the pictures done because they're pretty.  We won't be seeing her in any designer ads any time soon, unless she can grow half a foot and sign with someone like Elite or Ford and it's a very small chance they would sign her anyways with her look because there just doesn't seem to be something really exotic about her (that's my opinion).

May 31 07 06:29 am Link

Photographer

ethan james photography

College Station, Texas, US

i agree with the "who cares?" statement. desire to do whatever you want, and if you don't make it, oh well, try something else. some of these question threads just seem like someone stole a baby's leggos. . .n o m o r e w h i n i n g.

May 31 07 06:31 am Link

Model

No jjjj More

It's really not something to get into a tizzy about, why get all bothered when someone shorter than average grabs an opportunity to do runway? Good for them and let them have the experience. It's all about the law of attraction. I'm quite "short", 5'6" and have done runway, only because people on modelmayhem told me to forget about it. I never really cared about runway, but I wanted to prove something so I did, and it can be done.

May 31 07 06:38 am Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

Because they really really want to..

May 31 07 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

JenMon wrote:
It's really not something to get into a tizzy about, why get all bothered when someone shorter than average grabs an opportunity to do runway? Good for them and let them have the experience. It's all about the law of attraction. I'm quite "short", 5'6" and have done runway, only because people on modelmayhem told me to forget about it. I never really cared about runway, but I wanted to prove something so I did, and it can be done.

I'm thinking that the OP is complaining about short models wanting to do MAJOR runway shows like at LA or Olympus Fashion Week when they will never be able to do it because of their height and that no major agency will sign them because of it.  Not smaller runway shows.

May 31 07 06:41 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Thuy Anh wrote:

I'm thinking that the OP is complaining about short models wanting to do MAJOR runway shows like at LA or Olympus Fashion Week when they will never be able to do it because of their height and that no major agency will sign them because of it.  Not smaller runway shows.

Awe, you messed it all up..

Why did you have to go and clarify things..I was enjoying the new posters who can't read..

DAMN YOU!

LOL

May 31 07 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

Seriously.  People keep bringing up this local work as if it's the same thing. lol.

May 31 07 06:52 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Vance wrote:

Awe, you messed it all up..

Why did you have to go and clarify things..I was enjoying the new posters who can't read..

DAMN YOU!

LOL

ROFL!!!  *waves* hi Vance!  haven't talked to you on the site in a while! big_smile LOL
I'm sorry!!!!!!  It's early and I still need my coffee!!! LOL

May 31 07 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Seriously.  People keep bringing up this local work as if it's the same thing. lol.

I noticed! lol

I don't think that they understand that there is a real major difference because they are ill informed or the fact that most of them will never be able to attend these major shows since they're not open to the general public.  I also think some of them think that just having it in their portfolio that they've done "runway" that since it has the word "runway" in it that it is at the same level and because it is "runway" work it sounds more glamorous.

A very warped delusion.  Sad, but true.

May 31 07 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/linduhzee21/image002.jpg

May 31 07 07:06 am Link

Model

No jjjj More

Thuy Anh wrote:

I'm not talking about local work, I'm going for the big time. And quit your petty jiding, it's soooooooooooo old, you have no idea. You sound like old women. Like you think your coming up with new insults, but you're not.

May 31 07 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

JenMon wrote:

I'm not talking about local work, I'm going for the big time. And quit your petty jiding, it's soooooooooooo old, you have no idea. You sound like old women. Like you think your coming up with new insults, but you're not.

So since you weren't talking about local work, then what big time runway fashion show have you done?

May 31 07 07:15 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

JenMon wrote:

I'm going for the big time too. It's the NBA for me. I'm in training as we speak.

May 31 07 07:17 am Link