Forums > Model Colloquy > Why do short models insist of doin Runway?

Photographer

Nadirah B

Los Angeles, California, US

YA'LL ARE STILL GOING?? lol!

May 31 07 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

NormaParker wrote:

YEAH, RHONDA....LETs KICK SOME A**! LOL....

:::marching with model and photographer army::::
LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT!!!

May 31 07 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:
YA'LL ARE STILL GOING?? lol!

come on join my army sweetface! short models and photographers taking over! wahooo lol j/k ;-)

May 31 07 11:07 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

What I was trying to say was there are opportunities for more every day shorter people in modeling - it just won't be on the cover of Vogue or on a runway for a major designer. There are other modeling opportunities shorter models can persue -commercial print, glamour, lifestyle, fitness, men's magazines, & so on.

I just wish instead of trying to focus on something u can not realisticly achieve (except on maybe a local level), why not focus on something that u CAN realisticly achieve?

May 31 07 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Rhonda Oatman wrote:

come on join my army sweetface! short models and photographers taking over! wahooo lol j/k ;-)

lol!!!! Yah! Short WOMEN photographers *grabs some lipgloss!tongue

May 31 07 11:08 am Link

Model

Elle

Marshfield, Wisconsin, US

hehehehehehehe
*I can do runway*
I promise Im not 5'5'' and 175 lb...really...:-P
Its a typo, I swear!!!!

Really though...
Im agreeing with these guys on this...
Kinda like how you have to have a medical degree to be a doctor, you kinda need to be tall to be a runway model...its in the job description...deal with it...things arent going to change...

May 31 07 11:09 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

Rhonda Oatman wrote:

*Joins in Rhonda's army*

LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT!

May 31 07 11:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Hey Lovely

Houston, Texas, US

blah blah blah i agree with above 5'9 rule..... sorry i love STAM! hahaa

May 31 07 11:10 am Link

Photographer

okbyme

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Don't you people have ANYTHING better to do than agrue this?

May 31 07 11:11 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Goldie117 wrote:

*Joins in Rhonda's army*

LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT!

Keep marching like that and you'll be doing splits before too long.

May 31 07 11:11 am Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

Rhonda Oatman wrote:

lol!!!!....Uh, uh...can I march everybody?? Please, pretty please! I have skills. smile

May 31 07 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Goldie117 wrote:
What I was trying to say was there are opportunities for more every day shorter people in modeling - it just won't be on the cover of Vogue or on a runway for a major designer. There are other modeling opportunities shorter models can persue -commercial print, glamour, lifestyle, fitness, men's magazines, & so on.

I just wish instead of trying to focus on something u can not realisticly achieve (except on maybe a local level), why not focus on something that u CAN realisticly achieve?

All i'm saying is.. people are going to do what they do. They're going to want to do high fashion, they won't because they don't fit. End of story why worry about anything other than that big_smile . I mean I want world peace, but people will continue to bomb and kill other people. There are some things you cannot change people being ignorant (not in bad way) and trying to do high fashion will never end thanks to the internet. Before the agency said yes or no. Now you have other avenues of which to be seen.

Eh...such as life! Everyone wants to be a celebrity!

May 31 07 11:13 am Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

okbyme wrote:

No, Im bored at work...I literally have nothing to do....Plus, I only have 3 weeks left in this place. YEAAAHH!!!

So, let's go....

"FORWARD MARCH"............left, left, left, right, left...........

May 31 07 11:13 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

PYPI wrote:

Lestari wrote:
pffttttttttt

Lestari wrote:
pffft

because they think they can be the next Kate Moss.

Muahahahha

Goldie117 wrote:
They figure if Kate Moss is short & she can do it, why can't THEY do it as well? They see one shorter person doing it (w/ out realizing this person is an exception to the rule) so they think any short person can do it if they just dream hard enough, lol.

Speaking of Miss Kate has anyone else noticed that every time someone uses her as an example of short models on the runway, her "height" gets shorter every time? First people say she's 5'7, then 5'6, & now 5'5.

Yeah. But I actually made it law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate%27s_Law

lol..

May 31 07 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

NormaParker wrote:

lol!!!!....Uh, uh...can I march everybody?? Please, pretty please! I have skills. smile

oh yeah norma's in the hoooouse!

May 31 07 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

okbyme wrote:

hey i'm not arguing, i'm MARCHING!

;-)

May 31 07 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

PYPI wrote:

I'm going for the big time too. It's the NBA for me. I'm in training as we speak.

to me the big time is playinig for Manchester United, i've been training for the last 15 years alas my dream is still on going on 30 lol

May 31 07 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

well good thing i'm a girl and in shape. i can handle my splits!

May 31 07 11:21 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

All i'm saying is.. people are going to do what they do. They're going to want to do high fashion, they won't because they don't fit. End of story why worry about anything other than that big_smile . I mean I want world peace, but people will continue to bomb and kill other people. There are some things you cannot change people being ignorant (not in bad way) and trying to do high fashion will never end thanks to the internet. Before the agency said yes or no. Now you have other avenues of which to be seen.

Eh...such as life! Everyone wants to be a celebrity!

True 'nuf smile

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

Is that a bad thing? smile

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

Goldie117 wrote:

Is that a bad thing? smile

;-) i know right

May 31 07 11:22 am Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

Rhonda Oatman wrote:

oh yeah norma's in the hoooouse!

OH, OH....WATCH OUT!! wink

May 31 07 11:23 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Imajin Studios wrote:

to me the big time is playinig for Manchester United, i've been training for the last 15 years alas my dream is still on going on 30 lol

My training involves playing basketball on the Sony Playstation. I'll get there some day. I have a dream and no one will tell me otherwise.

May 31 07 11:23 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

My training involves playing basketball on the Sony Playstation. I'll get there some day. I have a dream and no one will tell me otherwise.

Your cute

May 31 07 11:25 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Imajin Studios wrote:

then I will be the next Angelina Jolie.

kapow

ps: Hi Rondha!

Photographer

Imajin Studios

Lestari wrote:
Hi OP! smile

Lestari knows her shit

Model

AD

New York, New York, US

Ive done runway work and im only 5'5". There are various needs for runway models...short, tall, thin, athletic, plus size etc. So there is definitly work for shorter models, just not the hi fashion shows you are probally refering to.

May 31 07 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Just had to throw it out there for whoever said photographers have a chance to get better...some don't LOL!!! "I've been shooting for 40 years and it looks like.... tongue"

May 31 07 11:27 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

Maybe if I play Dance Dance Revolution it will make me into a professional dancer wink

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

PYPI wrote:

Goldie117 wrote:
Your cute

If my NBA career does not pan out, my second favorite game is Grand Theft Auto so being a mob assassin is my backup plan.

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

PYPI wrote:

If my NBA career does not pan out, my second favorite game is Grand Theft Auto so being a mob assassin is my backup plan.

I lol'd! Go for the mob assiassin one - more exciting & u make more $

May 31 07 11:29 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Goldie117 wrote:

Maybe if I play Dance Dance Revolution it will make me into a professional dancer wink

Not if your dance steps involve 3 left steps, 1 right step, and 1 left step.

May 31 07 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

I wish Lestari could sell me clothes in a campaign! tongue

May 31 07 11:33 am Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

PYPI wrote:

unfortunately my training involves a pint of beer at 8am(due to time difference with the UK FOR THOSE WHO WILL ASK WHY 8 AM) in the morning at my local Irish Pub watching the English premier league AND pretending that i could be Cristiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney for that matter

May 31 07 11:35 am Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dammit I better grow another 1/4 of an in.

May 31 07 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

Lestari wrote:

then I will be the next Angelina Jolie.

kapow

ps: Hi Rondha!

Hi Lestari

May 31 07 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Imajin Studios wrote:

unfortunately my training involves a pint of beer at 8am(due to time difference with the UK FOR THOSE WHO WILL ASK WHY 8 AM) in the morning at my local Irish Pub watching the English premier league AND pretending that i could be Cristiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney for that matter

LOL!! Alcohol lets you dream!

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:
Just had to throw it out there for whoever said photographers have a chance to get better...some don't LOL!!! "I've been shooting for 40 years and it looks like.... tongue"

Yes some don't.  But they have the CHANCE.  I'd put my money on a suck ass photographer being good with a year of constant shooting, over YOU growing 4 inches with a year of constant shooting.

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

Not if your dance steps involve 3 left steps, 1 right step, and 1 left step.

Damnit, there you go again, killing my dream... wink

May 31 07 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Novus Ordo wrote:

Yes some don't.  But they have the CHANCE.  I'd put my money on a suck ass photographer being good with a year of constant shooting, over YOU growing 4 inches with a year of constant shooting.

They could put me on the taffy puller at the Willy Wonka factory!!!! You never know tongue LOL!!!!! I say yes there are some who can do, and some photographers who are just hideous talking about how much recognition they get. lol!!! Eh... i want taffy! Steals Novus's taffy and runs

May 31 07 11:40 am Link